DeLorme Monitor

  • GearTester
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2001
      As Ed just reminded me.....Ed St. Cin is the DeLorme monitor. Good thing one
      of us has a mind left....lol.
      Jerry
      Please note my new email address. MSN has absorbed Qwest's ISP customers,
      necessitating my new address. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    • Kammerer, Eric
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 25, 2001
        >As Ed just reminded me.....Ed St. Cin is the DeLorme monitor. Good thing
        one
        >of us has a mind left....lol.
        >Jerry

        Why not use the database function of Yahoo Groups to keep track of the
        monitors and testers?

        btw, I realized I have version 2.0 of the product, so a user review probably
        won't do you much good.

        A note to testers: I would be very interested in evaluations of accuracy.
        The picture on the brochure I received a few months ago was wrong -- it
        failed to show a 4-lane bridge that's been there for a couple of years
        now...

        Eric
      • GearTester
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 25, 2001
          Good idea. I'll do it that way from now on. Thanks.
          Jerry

          Please note my new email address. MSN has absorbed Qwest's ISP customers,
          necessitating my new address. Sorry for the inconvenience.

          >As Ed just reminded me.....Ed St. Cin is the DeLorme monitor. Good thing
          one
          >of us has a mind left....lol.
          >Jerry

          Why not use the database function of Yahoo Groups to keep track of the
          monitors and testers?

          btw, I realized I have version 2.0 of the product, so a user review probably
          won't do you much good.

          A note to testers: I would be very interested in evaluations of accuracy.
          The picture on the brochure I received a few months ago was wrong -- it
          failed to show a 4-lane bridge that's been there for a couple of years
          now...

          Eric

        • Sonjia Leyva
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
            Eric

            If the DeLorme software is like the Topo! software, they base their
            raster maps on USGS topo quads. These quads do not get updated very
            often. Example: the OFFICIAL Simi West quad does not show the 118
            freeway - and that's been around for 20 years or so. The next time
            you purchase a topo, check out the date on it. Some of the ones in
            California data to the 1950's.

            BTW, there is a branch of the USGS that you can send corrections to.
            If anyone is interested, drop me a line at sonjialeyva@....
            I'll dig out the address and information for you. They are always
            looking for corrections, as they don't have the manpower (or budget)
            to go out and re-survey everything.

            Sonjia