Re: [BackpackGearTest] HH Report 2

  • Robert Stanley
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2000
      >An auxiliary piece of nylon atop the netting would improve this. I would
      then have a double layer, the first
      >being more breathable and letting out moisture but retaining heat.

      What about making this second cover out of Tyvek? I had thought mylar but
      when I went to open my space blanket, it ripped under no real stress, so I
      counted that out for obvious reasons.

      Tyvek is fairly light, easy to pack, easy to work with, strong, and they say
      breathable?

      I think this will be my next move, a tyvek seal-off for the netting. Should
      really cut down on drafts, thus reducing heat loss in the hammock, and if
      done right, I wont suffocate, and it shouldnt promote condensation.

      Rob