Wet shoes are no fun either...

  • Dennis Shubitowski
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 24, 2004
      Thankfully, BackpackGearTest in conjunction with NEOS Overshoes is pleased to
      announce that we will be testing their brand spanking new Trekker Overshoe! This
      overshoe is so new it is not even on their website yet. There was quite a buzz
      about this overshoe at the recent Outdoor Retailer show. Listed below is the
      product description from NEOS:

      The Trekker, priced at $69.99 ($99.99 Canadian), is 20 inches high [51 cm] and
      under two pounds [0.9 kg], the Trekker™ is the perfect product to wear over
      running shoes when snowshoeing, over hiking boots for river crossings and for
      boat landings when visiting remote locations. This style shares the same
      lightweight 160 Denier nylon and “Perma” sole as the Villager. Essential for
      adventure travel!

      There is a photo of the Trekker that can be viewed through the Photos section
      of the backpackgeartest Yahoo! homepage.

      This test call will close in one week, Tuesday March 2, 2004 at midnight EST.
      All the normal application proceedures apply.

      Happy applicating -
      Dennis
      BGT Test Moderator
    • Coy
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 24, 2004
        Those look like they would be great for getting in and out of a
        canoe or for playing around in a creek without getting your feet
        wet. I dont think I'll apply as I'm testing the sealskinz socks and
        wearing the Trekkers would be cheating, LOL. Anyhow, I looked them
        up on the NEOS site and dont see any villager boots. Did you mean
        voyagers or perhaps the survaior(sp?) which are also 20 in tall?
        Just wondering.

        Coy Boy

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Dennis Shubitowski
        <shubitow@b...> wrote:
        > Thankfully, BackpackGearTest in conjunction with NEOS Overshoes is
        pleased to
        > announce that we will be testing their brand spanking new Trekker
        Overshoe! This
        > overshoe is so new it is not even on their website yet. There was
        quite a buzz
        > about this overshoe at the recent Outdoor Retailer show. Listed
        below is the
        > product description from NEOS:
        >
        > The Trekker, priced at $69.99 ($99.99 Canadian), is 20 inches high
        [51 cm] and
        > under two pounds [0.9 kg], the Trekker™ is the perfect product to
        wear over
        > running shoes when snowshoeing, over hiking boots for river
        crossings and for
        > boat landings when visiting remote locations. This style shares
        the same
        > lightweight 160 Denier nylon and "Perma" sole as the Villager.
        Essential for
        > adventure travel!
        >
        > There is a photo of the Trekker that can be viewed through the
        Photos section
        > of the backpackgeartest Yahoo! homepage.
        >
        > This test call will close in one week, Tuesday March 2, 2004 at
        midnight EST.
        > All the normal application proceedures apply.
        >
        > Happy applicating -
        > Dennis
        > BGT Test Moderator
      • David Anderson
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 24, 2004
          Coy wrote:

          > Those look like they would be great for getting in and out of a
          > canoe or for playing around in a creek without getting your feet
          > wet. I dont think I'll apply as I'm testing the sealskinz socks and
          > wearing the Trekkers would be cheating, LOL. Anyhow, I looked them
          > up on the NEOS site and dont see any villager boots. Did you mean
          > voyagers or perhaps the survaior(sp?) which are also 20 in tall?
          > Just wondering.
          >
          > Coy Boy

          They are brand spankin' new, so they ain't on their site yet.

          --
          David Anderson
          Senior Review Coordinator/Webmaster
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 24, 2004
            Yep, I read that part. My question was I dont see the Villagers
            which Dennis eluded to as being similar in style. I did not mean I
            dont see the Trekker (well I did see the photo posted on BGTphotos).

            from the test call

            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, David Anderson

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 24, 2004
              Coy wrote:

              > Yep, I read that part. My question was I dont see the Villagers
              > which Dennis eluded to as being similar in style. I did not mean I
              > dont see the Trekker (well I did see the photo posted on BGTphotos).
              >
              > from the test call
              >
              > "This style shares the same lightweight 160 Denier nylon and "Perma"
              > sole as the Villager."
              >
              > Coy Boy

              oops, my confusion.

              --
              David Anderson
              Senior Review Coordinator/Webmaster
              http://www.BackpackGearTest.org
            • SF Nazdarovye
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 24, 2004
                By the way, Backpackinglight has a review of the Trekkers, including a
                picture, in their reports from the gear show (in their subscription
                area).

                - Steve
              • Jerry Goller
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 24, 2004
                  And, just think, you'll soon be able to read three....yes THREE of them
                  here.....and for free.... ;o)
                  Jerry

                  By the way, Backpackinglight has a review of the Trekkers, including a
                  picture, in their reports from the gear show (in their subscription
                  area).

                  - Steve

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c76ufvi/M=274551.4550177.5761904.1261774/D=egroup
                  web/S=1705066005:HM/EXP=1077773231/A=2019528/R=2/SIG=1416255bp/*http://ad.do
                  ubleclick.net/jump/N3349.yahoo1/B1282054.27;abr=!ie4;abr=!ie5;sz=300x250;cod
                  e=18634;dcopt=rcl;ord=1077686831678556?> Click HereClick Here

                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=274551.4550177.5761904.1261774/D=egroupweb
                  /S=:HM/A=2019528/rand=642272197>

                  _____

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                • Coy
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 24, 2004
                    you da man Jerry!!! Who said BGT wont rule the world someday

                    Coy Boy
                    PS how many brownie points is this worth

                    --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Goller"

                    http://www.BackpackGearTest.org : the
                    > most comprehensive interactive gear reviews and tests on the
                    planet.

                  • tcoug7
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 25, 2004
                      I looked them
                      > up on the NEOS site and dont see any villager boots. Did you mean
                      > voyagers or perhaps the survaior(sp?) which are also 20 in tall?
                      > Just wondering.

                      Here's a pretty good link to the Villager overboots Coy.

                      http://www.overshoe.com/voyager.html

                      Tim
                    • Coy
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 25, 2004
                        I still dont see a villager...But the question becomes, who wants to
                        test the Trekkers. I dont really do enough canoeing to give them a
                        serious workout and when I play in the creek I'll be testing the
                        sealskinzs socks. Still debating with myself on whether to apply or
                        not. They sound interesting!

                        Coy Boy

                        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "tcoug7" <tcoug7@y...>
                        wrote:
                        > I looked them
                        > > up on the NEOS site and dont see any villager boots. Did you
                        mean
                        > > voyagers or perhaps the survaior(sp?) which are also 20 in
                        tall?
                        > > Just wondering.
                        >

                        > Here's a pretty good link to the Villager overboots Coy.
                        >
                        > http://www.overshoe.com/voyager.html
                        >
                        > Tim
                      • Dennis Shubitowski
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 25, 2004
                          Quoting Coy <cstarnes@...>:
                          > I still dont see a villager...But the question becomes, who wants to
                          > test the Trekkers. I dont really do enough canoeing to give them a
                          > serious workout and when I play in the creek I'll be testing the
                          > sealskinzs socks. Still debating with myself on whether to apply or
                          > not. They sound interesting!

                          Coy - I've got an inquiry in with the manufacturer and I'll let you know when I
                          hear back. These things are pretty neat - less than a pound each and waterproof.

                          Dennis
                        • Dennis Shubitowski
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 27, 2004
                            Heading into the weekend and only one application? I can't believe more people
                            wouldn't want to test new NEOS? The test call can also be found here:
                            http://www.backpackgeartest.org/News/article.php?story=20040226093225353

                            Dennis

                            > Thankfully, BackpackGearTest in conjunction with NEOS Overshoes is pleased
                            > announce that we will be testing their brand spanking new Trekker Overshoe!
                            > This
                            > overshoe is so new it is not even on their website yet. There was quite a
                            > buzz
                            > about this overshoe at the recent Outdoor Retailer show. Listed below is the
                            > product description from NEOS:
                            >
                            > The Trekker, priced at $69.99 ($99.99 Canadian), is 20 inches high [51 cm]
                            > and
                            > under two pounds [0.9 kg], the Trekker™ is the perfect product to wear over
                            > running shoes when snowshoeing, over hiking boots for river crossings and
                            > for
                            > boat landings when visiting remote locations. This style shares the same
                            > lightweight 160 Denier nylon and “Perma” sole as the Villager. Essential
                            > for
                            > adventure travel!
                            >
                            > There is a photo of the Trekker that can be viewed through the Photos section
                            >
                            > of the backpackgeartest Yahoo! homepage.
                            >
                            > This test call will close in one week, Tuesday March 2, 2004 at midnight
                            > EST.
                            > All the normal application proceedures apply.
                            >
                            > Happy applicating -
                            > Dennis
                            > BGT Test Moderator
                          • tcoug7
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 27, 2004
                              Part of it I think Dennis, is that people (i.e. me) are worried that
                              they may be overapplying while we're on this "feet theme". But, come
                              to think of it, I shouldn't be worried about it, should I? That is,
                              after all, your job ;)

                              Ok, you'll get mine over the next couple days!

                              Tim

                              <shubitow@b...> wrote:
                              > Heading into the weekend and only one application? I can't believe
                              more people
                              > wouldn't want to test new NEOS? The test call can also be found
                              here:
                              > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/News/article.php?
                              story=20040226093225353

                              > Dennis
                              >

                              > > Thankfully, BackpackGearTest in conjunction with NEOS Overshoes
                              is pleased
                              > > announce that we will be testing their brand spanking new Trekker
                              Overshoe!
                              > > This
                              > > overshoe is so new it is not even on their website yet. There was
                              quite a
                              > > buzz
                              > > about this overshoe at the recent Outdoor Retailer show. Listed
                              below is the
                              > > product description from NEOS:
                              > >
                              > > The Trekker, priced at $69.99 ($99.99 Canadian), is 20 inches
                              high [51 cm]
                              > > and
                              > > under two pounds [0.9 kg], the Trekker™ is the perfect product to
                              wear over
                              > > running shoes when snowshoeing, over hiking boots for river
                              crossings and
                              > > for
                              > > boat landings when visiting remote locations. This style shares
                              the same
                              > > lightweight 160 Denier nylon and "Perma" sole as the Villager.
                              Essential
                              > > for
                              > > adventure travel!
                              > >
                              > > There is a photo of the Trekker that can be viewed through the
                              Photos section

                              > > of the backpackgeartest Yahoo! homepage.
                              > >
                              > > This test call will close in one week, Tuesday March 2, 2004 at
                              midnight
                              > > EST.
                              > > All the normal application proceedures apply.
                              > >
                              > > Happy applicating -
                              > > Dennis
                              > > BGT Test Moderator
                            • Dennis Shubitowski
                              Message 14 of 14 , Mar 1, 2004
                                Hehe - thanks Tim. I'm only doing what the Oracle tells me to do... :)

                                Just as a reminder to everyone, the NEOS call is scheduled to close tomorrow night.

                                Dennis