Re: [BackpackGearTest] Hennessy Testing

  • GearTester
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2000
      I have the same problem. As someone else pointed out, Target sells a 1/2" x 26" full length pad for around $15.00. It helps down to around 25 or 30. Much below that and I'm looking at the bag hanging under the hammock solution. The hammock solves so many other problems for me that even if I have to carry an extra bag or make one just for the hammock it will still be worth it to me.
      Jerry
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 22, 2000
        David Spellman <david@i...> wrote:

        >For me, the solution is going to have to be something wider than
        >20"...

        Standard 3/8' and 1/2" blue foam sleeping pads are 24" wide. I've
        never used them so I don't know if they'll freeze into a plank or
        anything. Anyone use this stuff in winter?. Might not be enough
        insulation for some.

        Gerry