Re: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Frogg Toggs

  • Dave Hicks
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 4, 2001
      From: David Harris <harrises@...>
      To: <BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 7:37 PM
      Subject: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Frogg Toggs

      SNIP
      > Of note, I'm looking for something that wears a
      > little long since I opt for a jacket/gaitor combo rather than using
      > rain pants.
      SNIP

      Can't compare & contrast, but I use Frogg Toggs and my one real complaint is
      that the tops are a tad short.

      I don't like to wear the bottoms while hiking and my butt gets wet, from
      run-off.

      I have been thinking about making a silicon coated rain kilt to wear under
      the tops.

      Chainsaw
    • JONES, PHILIP T
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 7, 2001
        OK, I got around to weighing my Frogg Toggs just now. The coat weighs 8.4
        ounces and the pants weigh 6.1 ounces for a grand total of 14.5 ounces.

        Phil
      • m_factor@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 10, 2001
          Hey Dr. Bob,

          Check out the requirements for non-tester comments and feel free to
          submit a report when you've had some more experiences with the Frogg
          Toggs.

          Mara

          --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., Drbobwilborn@a... wrote:
          > I have been considering purchasing a set of Frogg Toggs and finally
          broke
          > down and ordered a set on Monday. ...
        • Marge Prothman
          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 10, 2001
            Hi Mara,
            Got back last night from Colorado Hike, we got snowed out.
            Have been going through hundreds of messages but could not see who was
            chosen for the
            Frogg Toggs,
            Thanks,

            Marge Prothman (the old gal)
              Message 6 of 24 , Sep 14, 2001
                Hi Jerry,

                As of this date I have not received my Frogg Toggs, is this something that I
                should be concerned about or phone someone about? If I should phone who
                should I contact.
                thanks, Marge (the old gal)
              • GearTester
                Message 7 of 24 , Sep 14, 2001
                  Mara, could you handle this one for her. I'm not up to speed on when they
                  were shipped or expected. Thanks, Mara.
                  Jerry
                  Please note my new email address. MSN has absorbed Qwest's ISP customers,
                  necessitating my new address. Sorry for the inconvenience.
                  > As of this date I have not received my Frogg Toggs, is this something that
                  > should be concerned about or phone someone about? If I should phone who
                  > should I contact.
                  > thanks, Marge (the old gal)

                • Mara Factor
                  Message 8 of 24 , Sep 14, 2001
                    Hi Marge,

                    I heard from Barb that you hadn't gotten your Frogg Toggs yet, but given
                    Curt's recent update, why don't we give it until Monday to see if it shows.
                    If not, I'll get in touch with them and see if there's a hold up at the
                    Frogg Toggs end of things or if it got sent and we need to follow up with
                    UPS.

                    Thanks for your patience,
                    Mara

                    >From: "Marge Prothman" <margepr@...>
                    >Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:29:08 -0600
                    >
                    >Hi Jerry,
                    >
                    >As of this date I have not received my Frogg Toggs, is this something that
                    >should be concerned about or phone someone about? If I should phone who
                    >should I contact.
                    >thanks, Marge (the old gal)

                  • Marc Pfenning
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 4 12:06 AM
                      Subject: Frogg Toggs

                      The Frogg Toggs test call is now closed. Testers will be selected
                      tomorrow.

                      Shane

                      Weere the testers selected and notified? If so, i missed it. Was i
                      selected? Thanks.
                      Marc
                      --
                      I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
                    • Shane Steinkamp
                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 4 7:53 AM
                        > Weere the testers selected and notified? If so, i missed it.
                        > Was i selected? Thanks.

                        I'm running behind, Marc. I'll do the selections tonight and let ya'll
                        know.

                        Shane
                      • Roger Caffin
                        Message 11 of 24 , May 2, 2004
                          Hi Shane

                          No, I have not received the Frogg Toggs yet.
                          Looking forward to them too..

                          Cheers
                          Roger Caffin