Possible problem with product

  • Michael Doughty
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
      After reading the other Initial Reports on the Princeton Tec Yukon HL
      headlamp, I believe I have found a problem with my sample. Others
      have reported a spring mounted behind the lamp reflector which
      enables focusing the beam. I was somewhat surprised that turning the
      bezel on my headlamp produced no change in the lamp focus. My
      headlamp has no spring, and therefore will not change focus. Should I
      contact Princeton Tec directly about this problem? If so should I
      hide my Secret True Identity as a BGT tester? This is my first test
      series and I'm learning as I go along.

      I'm sorry about my slow reponses of late. I've been working on the
      edge of Shenandoah National Park near Front Royal, VA building a
      house at the end of a long gravel road. We have no telephone service
      out there yet and so no Internet. I try to get home once a week for a
      couple of days and should be able to keep up.
      Please be patient with me.

      My IR has been uploaded to the appropriate folder.

      Thanx everyone.

      woebegone
    • Rebecca
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2004
        Hi Michael -

        I recommend that you go through Princeton Tec customer support lines to see
        if this is something to be concerned with. Jerry says that turning the
        bezel doesn't affect the light too much on his, so maybe your behavior is
        normal. I would recommend a nice conversation with a customer support
        person to find out! I actually dealt with PT customer support when I tested
        the Aurora many moons ago. I didn't play the tester card until after I had
        made all the arrangements to find out it was a defective item and returned
        it. I just told them I was a BGT tester after it was all sorted out to
        request that they get the new one out to me quickly for field testing
        purposes.

        Maybe you'll have some valuable information about PT customer support for
        your report (see my Aurora reports for an example).

        Rebecca
        Test Moderator

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to: