EDIT: Revised Initial Report on OR Gaiters - Roger Caffin

  • colonelcorn76
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
      Roger,
      Good job.

      Sorry for the delay. I'm back in the saddle again though so here's
      the edit. As is my normal practice, EDITs are required, Edits are
      suggested, and Comments are just that.

      Once you've taken care of the edits, please upload to BGT.

      Thanks,
      Jim

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "R Caffin" <r.caffin@t...>
      wrote:
      > MSRP: US$35

      ####Edit: "US $35" reads easier

      > easy to put on. There is a single press-stud at the bottom of the
      Velcro,

      ####Edit: As with your parenthetical clarification of "swingtag"
      above, you might want to add "snap" after "press-stud".

      > Unfortunately, OR do not supply spare bits of cord.

      ####EDIT: "does not"

      > so I will bear in mind that they are meant to be light weight
      units.

      ####EDIT: "lightweight"

      > whether it develop abrasion holes at the same speed as does the
      older canvas

      ####EDIT: "develops"

      > webbing thickness or a high rate of wear on the cam will mean the
      light
      > weight fabric may be collapsing around our ankles. It is also
      possible the

      ####EDIT: "lightweight" (single word vs. "light in weight")

      > clip may get easily knocked open while we are walking.
      > The front closure uses 1" (25 mm) Velcro. In my experience this is
      rather

      ####Edit: Above you called it hook and loop (actually hook and pile)
      which is the generic version of Velcro. Does it really use Velcro
      (in which case go ahead & use it yourself) or is that a supposition
      (in which case you should change to "hook and loop" here and
      throughout the rest of the paragraph.

      > Likes so far Dislikes so far
      > Light weight Lack of spare cords

      ####Comment: Interestingly enough this can be correct usage
      of "light weight" as in "light in weight" (a noun form) vs. the
      adjective "lightweight". So I'm not flagging it as an edit, but
      others might be confused by the apparent inconsistency.