EDIT: IR - OR Gaiters - Rick

  • colonelcorn76
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2004
      Good job.

      Sorry for the delay. Back in the saddle again though so here's the
      edit. As is my normal practice, EDITs are required, Edits are
      suggested, and Comments are just that.

      Once you've taken care of the edits, please upload to BGT.

      Thanks,
      Jim

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Risk" <ra1@i...> wrote:

      > The length of the top hem, A, is 19.5 in (50 cm.) Inside this hem,

      ####EDIT: BGT convention is to not use the period in conversion
      units (e.g. cm vs cm.). Sometimes you have "cm" and others "cm." so
      the other instances of "cm." are flagged so you can correct for
      consistency.

      > The length of the double sewn seam B is 17.25 in (44 cm.) From A
      > B, the distance is 12.25 in (31 cm.)
      >
      > The length of the bottom hem, C, is 24 in (61 cm.) To the inside

      ####EDIT: "cm" in the three previous sentences

      > hem. Their inside hole measurement is 5/16 in (.8 cm.) The left

      ####EDIT: "cm"

      ####Edit: When using a number with no significant digits preceding
      the decimal point, it can be easier to read with a 0 and then the
      decimal. It's easy to see the preceding decimal in this text but the
      HTML version in the BGT test folder is harder to see the decimal.
      Suggest "0.8 cm".

      > On the left and right sides of the gaiter, a 1 in (2.5 cm) strip
      of

      ####EDIT: Extra space before the "1 in"

      > hook and pile fastener is attached. When worn, this strip is in
      the

      ####Edit: The correct term is "hook and loop" fastener per the
      Velcro folks who invented it.

      > TEST PLAN

      ####Comment: You might want to make this a bookmark & then hyperlink
      the red text above ("Many readers may wish to skip to the test
      plan.") to it as a quick jump.

      > I will consider treating the gaiter with spray-on scotch guard to

      ####EDIT: Scotch Guard is a registered trademark of 3M and should be
      uppercase.

      > Over the last 18 months, I have gone from being a heavy-weight (2

      ####EDIT: heavyweight is a single (vs. compound) word

      > 9 lb (4 kg) and skin out weight of 20 lb (9 kg). I have completed 5
      > ultralite section hikes on the AT with a total mileage of over 200
      > miles (322 km). I am an ultralight hiker, a gearhead, a hammock
      > camper, and make much of my own equipment.

      ####Edit: I wouldn't have brought it up, but since you use the term
      inconsistently, "ultralight" is traditional & "ultralite" is
      unconventional. You use both in this paragraph. You might consider
      keeping to one (like "ultralight").
    • Risk
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2004
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "colonelcorn76"
        <colonelcorn76@y...> wrote:
        > Good job.
        >
        > Sorry for the delay. Back in the saddle again though so here's the
        > edit. As is my normal practice, EDITs are required, Edits are
        > suggested, and Comments are just that.
        >
        > Once you've taken care of the edits, please upload to BGT.

        Done.

        (I learned that periods do not go inside parens like they go inside
        quotes).

        Rick
      • Shane Steinkamp
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2004
          > (I learned that periods do not go inside parens like they go
          > inside quotes).

          "Somebody actually edits for that around here"?

          enahS