FW: Promote your site!

  • Chief Moderator
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
      Just a quick note. We started tracking the number of times people read
      reviews by manufacturer and by item. These are very important numbers.
      It is in all of our best interest to insure these numbers are as high as
      possible. There is something you can do to help. When you see someone
      ask about an item that has been reviewed on BGT, refer them to our
      reviews. If you were one of the testers, tell them you got the item
      though the BGT testing program, give them a short view of your
      impressions and refer them to your review for a more extensive answer.

      Remember, the more people that use BGT, the more gear we get. It's just
      that simple.
      Jerry

      <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/> http://www.BackpackGearTest.org :
      the most comprehensive interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.

    • JimSabis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
        In a message dated 2/1/2004 9:44:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        ChiefModerator@... writes:

        > If you were one of the testers, tell them you got the item
        > though the BGT testing program, give them a short view of your
        > impressions and refer them to your review for a more extensive answer.
        >
        > Remember, the more people that use BGT, the more gear we get. It's just
        > that simple.
        > Jerry

        Jerry,

        I do this every chance I get (even did it a few minutes ago responding to a
        club inquiry regarding hiking poles). I make sure the response goes to the club
        group site, not just the individual raising the question, as this ensures
        seeral hundred readers of the response. Some of the recent ORs posted to site are
        a direct result of this practice. I also promote the site in trail
        conversations with other hikers/backpackers. I like to show off all the gear I'm
        testing, as that really gets their attention. I just received my BGT hat which should
        also help!

        Every little bit helps!

        Jim S.

      • Chief Moderator
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
          Yes, sir....it does.

          ChiefModerator@... writes:

          > If you were one of the testers, tell them you got the item
          > though the BGT testing program, give them a short view of your
          > impressions and refer them to your review for a more extensive answer.

          > Remember, the more people that use BGT, the more gear we get. It's
          just
          > that simple.
          > Jerry

          Jerry,

          I do this every chance I get (even did it a few minutes ago responding
          to a
          club inquiry regarding hiking poles). I make sure the response goes to
          the club
          group site, not just the individual raising the question, as this
          ensures
          seeral hundred readers of the response. Some of the recent ORs posted to
          site are
          a direct result of this practice. I also promote the site in trail
          conversations with other hikers/backpackers. I like to show off all the
          gear I'm
          testing, as that really gets their attention. I just received my BGT hat
          which should
          also help!

          Every little bit helps!

          Jim S.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c5vi68f/M=268585.4464812.5643763.1261774/D=eg
          roupweb/S=1705066005:HM/EXP=1075738326/A=1950447/R=0/*http://ashnin.com/
          clk/muryutaitakenattogyo?YH=4464812&yhad=1950447> click here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=268585.4464812.5643763.1261774/D=egrou
          pmail/S=:HM/A=1950447/rand=316151581>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Andy Mytys
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Chief Moderator"
            <ChiefModerator@B...> wrote:

            > Just a quick note. We started tracking the number of times people
            > read reviews by manufacturer and by item. These are very important
            > numbers. It is in all of our best interest to insure these numbers
            > are as high as possible. There is something you can do to help.
            > When you see someone ask about an item that has been reviewed on
            > BGT, refer them to our reviews. If you were one of the testers,
            > tell them you got the item though the BGT testing program, give
            > them a short view of your impressions and refer them to your
            > review for a more extensive answer.

            I carry around a few nicely cut scraps of paper with the BGT address
            printed on them. Whenever I talk gear with people, I give them a
            paper and ask them to visit the site. That way there's nothing for
            them to "remember."