Frogg Togg Tester Call

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2001
      Throw my name in the hat for the Frogg Togg gear test.  I've posted reports
      for the Hennessy Safari.  This one will be my test, not the whole family's,
      so gathering information will be much easier.

      I've read the new tester requirements and will comply with timely reports.
      Testing will be done primarily in the New England area, mostly in central
      Massachusetts.  Actually, I'm leaning towards walking to work (2 miles, each
      way) and testing several pieces of "gear" from shoes and socks to Totes
      products to a Red Ledge jacket.  I am invariably sorry when my first thorough
      experience with equipment is on the trail.

      Personal history/stats

      My family car camped from my childhood.  I became interested in backpacking
      about 15 years ago, during my involvement as an active parent of a Boy Scout.
      My interest in LIGHTWEIGHT backpacking started after a Grand Canyon adventure
      last year.  It was great, but there had to be a better way!  Because of some
      injuries, I am seeking comfortable lightweight backpacking methods.  For my
      summer adventure, I just completed a 110 mile section of the AT, using some
      of the techniques and gear learned about here and other sites.  Together, we
      are finding better ways!
      Age: Early fifties=Over the Hill and Picking Up Speed
      Gender:  Female
      Height:  5'9" and shrinking
      Weight:  Rounder than I want-working on it-That's all I'll admit to!

      Regards,

      Rosaleen Sullivan
      43 Old Bolton Road
      Hudson, MA 01749