New Test Moderator - Official Pronouncement

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 23, 2004
      Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Be it known throughout all the land that His Lordship
      has granted, and the Oracle has declared, that Dennis Shubitowski has been
      anointed with the sacred oil of Moderatorhood, and is now and forever (or
      until such time as he grows weary of it, does something to get cast out, or
      is torn apart by wild beasts) a Test Moderator.

      Having been indoctrinated into the secret cabal of BGT Overlords, his life
      will henceforth be dedicated to the service of testers everywhere by making
      test calls, reviewing applications, making tester selections, and performing
      other ignoble and thankless tasks.

      Praise him with great praise!

      Shane
      Official BGT Proclamater

      (Fine print deleted for brevity.)
    • Graham Blamey
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 23, 2004
        that Dennis Shubitowski has been
        > anointed with the sacred oil of Moderatorhood, and is now and
        forever (or
        > until such time as he grows weary of it, does something to get cast
        out, or
        > is torn apart by wild beasts) a Test Moderator.

        Welcome to the PleasureDome Dennis,
        Graham
      • J Cornelius
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 23, 2004
          WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO Condolences, er I mean congratulations!!!!!!!!
          Dennis, I am sure you will succeed at your newest endeavors!! ;-)
          Jodi

          Abnormality is THE normality at this locality!
          Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Be it known throughout all the land that His Lordship
          has granted, and the Oracle has declared, that Dennis Shubitowski has been
          anointed with the sacred oil of Moderatorhood, and is now and forever (or
          until such time as he grows weary of it, does something to get cast out, or
          is torn apart by wild beasts) a Test Moderator.

          Having been indoctrinated into the secret cabal of BGT Overlords, his life
          will henceforth be dedicated to the service of testers everywhere by making
          test calls, reviewing applications, making tester selections, and performing
          other ignoble and thankless tasks.

          Praise him with great praise!

          Shane
          Official BGT Proclamater

          (Fine print deleted for brevity.)

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

        • Shane
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 23, 2004
            > Welcome to the PleasureDome Dennis,

            Pleasure Dome? Is that what they promised you? Jerry told me that he'd
            make me rich and famous...

            Shane
          • Martin, Stephanie Yoong B
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 23, 2004
              >> Welcome to the PleasureDome Dennis,

              >Pleasure Dome? Is that what they promised you? Jerry told me that
              he'd
              >make me rich and famous...

              Pray tell, what is a pleasure dome? O:D
            • Rick D.
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 23, 2004
                Jerry's holding forth as Kubla Khan in SLC is a particularly
                delicious irony. Kubla Condo?

                http://eserver.org/poetry/kubla-khan.html

                --Rick

                --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Martin, Stephanie Yoong B"
                <syoong@a...> wrote:

                > >> Welcome to the PleasureDome Dennis,
                >
                > >Pleasure Dome? Is that what they promised you? Jerry told me
                that
                > he'd
                > >make me rich and famous...
                >
                > Pray tell, what is a pleasure dome? O:D
              • Rami
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 23, 2004
                  Dennis Shubitowski<CLIP> Moderatorhood
                  [[R:]]
                  Congrats Dennis!

                  -r

                • Thomas Vickers
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 23, 2004
                    Run Dennis, run.
                    There is no fame, no wealth, and no naked pictures of Shane.
                    All that Jerry promised is a sham. An evil sham.

                    TV

                    Honk if you love justice.
                    -The Tick

[...]

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                  • R Caffin
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 23, 2004
                      > that Dennis Shubitowski has been anointed with the sacred
                      > oil of Moderatorhood, and is now and forever (or
                      > until such time as he grows weary of it, does something to
                      > get cast, or is torn apart by wild beasts) a Test Moderator.
                      >
                      > Welcome to the PleasureDome Dennis,

                      He is going to find that Porlock has become a very big and populous city.

                      Cheers (and congrats)
                      Roger Caffin
                    • Shane Steinkamp
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 23, 2004
                        > Run Dennis, run.
                        > There is no fame, no wealth, and no naked pictures of Shane.
                        > All that Jerry promised is a sham. An evil sham.

                        Well, naked pictures we've got...

                        Shane
                      • Rick
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 23, 2004
                          Shane wrote:

                          > Dennis Shubitowski has been
                          >anointed with the sacred oil of Moderatorhood,

                          Quite cool! Congrats. Was it the blue pill or the red pill?

                          Rick
                        • Graham Blamey
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 24, 2004
                            <syoong@a...> wrote:
                            > >> Welcome to the PleasureDome Dennis,
                            >
                            > >Pleasure Dome? Is that what they promised you? Jerry told me that
                            > he'd
                            > >make me rich and famous...
                            >
                            > Pray tell, what is a pleasure dome? O:D

                            It's this Steph:http://tinyurl.com/3ftub
                            but like Psalm 23 read by Richard Burton, it's better to hear it :)
                          • Graham Blamey
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 24, 2004
                              <syoong@a...> wrote:

                              > >> Welcome to the PleasureDome Dennis,
                              >
                              > >Pleasure Dome? Is that what they promised you? Jerry told me that
                              > he'd
                              > >make me rich and famous...
                              >
                              > Pray tell, what is a pleasure dome? O:D

                              Or even this : http://tinyurl.com/33jn8
                              :) G
                            • J Cornelius
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 24, 2004
                                Someone's been watching Matrix too many times 8-)

                                Message 15 of 16 , Jan 24, 2004
                                  J Cornelius wrote:

                                  >Someone's been watching Matrix too many times 8-)
                                  >
                                  >Jodi

                                  Not true Trinity....

                                  I mean Jodi

                                  Rick
                                • Dennis Shubitowski
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jan 24, 2004
                                    Thank you everybody for the well wishes! They are sincerely appreciated. I'll have to remember them when I screw something up here sooner or later! For any future mods - the sacred oil is a little stinky, there is some hazing, and make sure you request that fine print that Shane deleted at the end. ;)

                                    Now off to read all this e-mail you busy beavers have put in my inbox.

                                    Thanks again -
                                    Dennis

                                    >>> shane@... 01/23/04 17:21 PM >>>
                                    Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Be it known throughout all the land that His Lordship
                                    has granted, and the Oracle has declared, that Dennis Shubitowski has been
                                    anointed with the sacred oil of Moderatorhood, and is now and forever (or
                                    until such time as he grows weary of it, does something to get cast out, or
                                    is torn apart by wild beasts) a Test Moderator.
                                    <snip>