folder needed

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 31, 2003
      I finished my IR for the OR stuff sack. I dont see a folder. Also
      I would not consider it a compression stuff sack or a dry bag and
      that is the only catagories I see. I thought a compression stuff
      sack has some type of external straps which squeeze and lock. Maybe
      just a catagory of stuff sack would do. Thanks

      Coy Boy
      PS Jim I made a few changes which need edited. I made sure I looked
      up immaterial and afforded so spelling should be OK. I added the
      few sentences in my wrap up of the produce description per your
      advice.
    • Andrew Priest
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 31, 2003
        At 05:15 AM 01/01/2004, you wrote:
        >I finished my IR for the OR stuff sack. I dont see a folder. Also
        >I would not consider it a compression stuff sack or a dry bag and
        >that is the only catagories I see. I thought a compression stuff
        >sack has some type of external straps which squeeze and lock. Maybe
        >just a catagory of stuff sack would do. Thanks

        Hi Coy Boy

        The folder is at
        <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Stuff%20Sacks/OR%20HydroLite%20Stuff%20Sacks>
        or Reviews > Stuff Sacks, i.e., under the main heading "Stuff Sacks."

        Regards
        Andrew
        reviews and tests on the planet

      • Coy
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 31, 2003
          Thanks Andrew. Uploaded, links appear to work etc. Jim the added
          text reads as follows.

          As for the HydroLite Stuff Sack™ being waterproof, I don't gather
          that the bag is designed as such. Without a way to seal the top
          opening, whether the bag's body fabric is water proof or not is
          really immaterial to a point. One advantage of the Hydrolite fabric
          over a non-waterproof fabric would be splash protection. I will
          say, the seams do not appear to be taped or seam sealed. But if the
          HydroLite fabric is truly water proof then at least some protection
          will be afforded.

          Coy Boy

          -- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest <apriest@b...>
          wrote:
          > At 05:15 AM 01/01/2004, you wrote:
          > >I finished my IR for the OR stuff sack. I dont see a folder.
          Also
          > >I would not consider it a compression stuff sack or a dry bag and
          > >that is the only catagories I see. I thought a compression stuff
          > >sack has some type of external straps which squeeze and lock.
          Maybe
          > >just a catagory of stuff sack would do. Thanks
          >
          > Hi Coy Boy
          >
          > The folder is at
          > <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Stuff%20Sacks/OR%
          20HydroLite%20Stuff%20Sacks>
          > or Reviews > Stuff Sacks, i.e., under the main heading "Stuff
          Sacks."

          > Regards
          > Andrew
          > --
          > http://BackpackGearTest.org : The most comprehensive interactive
          gear
          > reviews and tests on the planet

        • colonelcorn76
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 31, 2003
            Hey Coy,
            Here's an edit for you for free <grin>.

            Jim

            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Coy" <cstarnes@n...> wrote:
            > Thanks Andrew. Uploaded, links appear to work etc. Jim the added
            > text reads as follows.
            >
            > As for the HydroLite Stuff Sack™ being waterproof, I don't gather
            > that the bag is designed as such. Without a way to seal the top
            > opening, whether the bag's body fabric is water proof or not is

            ####EDIT: waterproof

            > really immaterial to a point. One advantage of the Hydrolite
            fabric
            > over a non-waterproof fabric would be splash protection. I will
            > say, the seams do not appear to be taped or seam sealed. But if
            the
            > HydroLite fabric is truly water proof then at least some
            protection

            ####EDIT: waterproof

            > will be afforded.
            >
            > Coy Boy

          • Andy Mytys
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 31, 2003
              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Coy" <cstarnes@n...> wrote:

              > I will say, the seams do not appear to be taped or seam sealed.
              > But if the HydroLite fabric is truly water proof then at least
              > some protection will be afforded.

              As to the effectiveness of this protection, well that's why we have
              you testers :)
            • Coy
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 31, 2003
                Thanks Jim

                Amazing I got 2 goofs in one paragraph, same one both times but got
                it right once. Reuploading shortly.

                Coy Boy
                PS can somebody also delete my OR stuff sack report in the test
                folder. those 10 days want by fast. I went in to delete it awhile
                ago and dont have the power no more. Thanks!

                --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "colonelcorn76"
                <colonelcorn76@y...> wrote:
                > Hey Coy,
                > Here's an edit for you for free <grin>.
                >
                > Jim
                >
                > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Coy" <cstarnes@n...>
                wrote:
                > > Thanks Andrew. Uploaded, links appear to work etc. Jim the
                added
                > > text reads as follows.
                > >
                > > As for the HydroLite Stuff Sack™ being waterproof, I don't
                gather
                > > that the bag is designed as such. Without a way to seal the top
                > > opening, whether the bag's body fabric is water proof or not is
                >
                > ####EDIT: waterproof
                >
                > > really immaterial to a point. One advantage of the Hydrolite
                > fabric
                > > over a non-waterproof fabric would be splash protection. I will
                > > say, the seams do not appear to be taped or seam sealed. But if
                > the
                > > HydroLite fabric is truly water proof then at least some
                > protection
                >
                > ####EDIT: waterproof
                >
                > > will be afforded.
                > >
                > > Coy Boy

              • Coy
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 31, 2003
                  notice I said "if" :')

                  Coy Boy

                  --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Mytys" <amytys@h...>
                  wrote:
                  > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Coy" <cstarnes@n...>
                  wrote:

                  > > I will say, the seams do not appear to be taped or seam sealed.
                  > > But if the HydroLite fabric is truly water proof then at least
                  > > some protection will be afforded.
                  > >

                  > As to the effectiveness of this protection, well that's why we
                  have
                  > you testers :)
                • colonelcorn76
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 31, 2003
                    --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Coy" <cstarnes@n...> wrote:
                    > Thanks Jim
                    >
                    > Amazing I got 2 goofs in one paragraph, same one both times but
                    got

                    Stuff happens <grin>
                  • Andrew Priest
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 31, 2003
                      At 11:31 AM 01/01/2004, you wrote:

                      >PS can somebody also delete my OR stuff sack report in the test
                      >folder. those 10 days want by fast. I went in to delete it awhile
                      >ago and dont have the power no more. Thanks!

                      Done.