Tubb Snowshoe Test Call Closing

  • Shane Steinkamp
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 1, 2003
      The Tubbs Snowshoe Test Call will close tonight at midnight, CST.

      I'm stuck on webmail today, so I'll catch up on everything tonight and post
      the Test Call Status Report.

      Shane
    • Michael Doughty
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 2, 2003

        > No. But I would be willing to call call tubb's two racing models at
        > nearly a pound lighter snowsandals:
        > http://www.tubbssnowshoes.com/piranha.php
        > Any chance of getting a some of the two racing models for testing
        some
        > time?

        $399.00? That's Pricey!!

        woe.
      • Pat Christian
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 9, 2003
          And since they are lighter, shouldn't they be less expensive? I always
          thought the same thing in women's clothing. Sometimes it seems the
          skimpiest wear seems to have the more pricey tags. Go figure.

          But a real thing to think about with snowshoes is the use you will put
          them to. Notice that you buy some models by the weight of the user. So
          what does that mean? I think that at 155 lbs I have to think if I will
          be using them with only my winter wear, boots, jacket, etc. that puts
          me more like 164lbs, or will I be using them on a heavier day or even
          heavier overnight hike with a 10-15 lbs. day or 20-55 lbs overnight
          pack. If I was going to be hiking with a 30 lbs. pack I would need
          snowshoes designed for a 194 lbs. man wouldn't I? I think it is the
          same consideration when choosing backcountry skis isn't it? With
          snowshoes and skis (OK cross country split snowboards too) floatation
          and anti-sink are effects of weight on top of the devise relative to
          square inches of the devise, isn't it?

          pat