APPROVAL - ATTN: MIKE > REPOST - LEKI Air Ergo 2 backcountry pole

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2003
      Hi Mike

      Thanks for working with me to finalise this Review. It really is a good
      review. Please find my final edits below. I still do have some concerns re
      your comments on the pole length, however, a simple three word addition
      will resolve my concerns. Once sorted you are most welcome to upload your
      Owner Review to:

      <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Trekking%20Poles/Poles/LEKI%20AirErgo%202%20ELS%20Backcountry%20Non-Probe/>
      or Reviews > Trekking Poles > Poles > LEKI AirErgo 2 ELS Backcountry Non-Probe.

      When you upload the HTML copy of your Owner Review please click the radio
      button labelled, Owner Review. The file name is not relevant.

      I strongly recommend that you do a test upload to the test upload folder at
      Reviews > Test or <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test>. This
      allows you to check that all is well with your Owner Review before you
      place it on the main site. One problem area which comes all too often, is
      URL not being hot (clickable). Please verify that all links in your Owner
      Review work ok when uploaded.

      support group,
      BGTFileUploadHelp @ <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BGTFileUploadHelp/>.

      Regards
      Andrew Priest
      Chief Edit Moderator

      At 10:12 AM 02/11/2003, you wrote:
      >Owner Review Of
      >LEKI Air Ergo 2 Backcountry Hiking Pole

      EDIT:> Reviewing the Leki website, I would suggest the more correct title
      for the pole is "Leki AirErgo 2 (ELS) Backcountry Non-Probe Hiking
      Pole." Can you please correct your title.

      >Background Information:
      >Additionally, the two-piece construction gave the poles a great amount of
      >length variability; something as tall man,
      >I look for. They range from 90 to 150 centimeters (35.4-59.0 in), and have
      >come to be quite useful as reaching poles (more on that later).

      EDIT:> "A" is missing between "as A tall man".

      >Comments and Review:
      >
      >With a maximum length of 150 cm (59 in) it is far too long to, when being used
      >properly, serve as a hiking pole, even for the tallest of people.

      EDIT:> As I alluded to early, I continue to have a problem with this
      statement, as you are making a judgement/projection to all people. I know,
      I have read your comments on the tallest man etc. It just still does not
      sit comfortably with me. Adding the words "in my opinion" makes all the
      difference and makes the view expressed your opinion rather than "fact."
      reviews and tests on the planet