Re: [BackpackGearTest] Dolomitti Jacket - Initial report edits

  • Dennis Shubitowski
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
      No problem Andy. At BGT, the style of the writer always stands often whether or not it is gramatically "correct" or not. If all reports were perfect, looked and read the same, the site would be boring to read. The test monitor's job is to read over the reports in the series, make sure all the information that is supposed to be there is there, and make sure there are no obvious errors or mistakes (spellings or otherwise). Some monitors even may suggest things to consider when testing (ie. "Did you consider trying this...") which is always valuable to me. Some testers don't like having the grammar and style-type stuff commented on which is fine. I, personally, try to turn in a report that my old English teachers wouldn't be embarrased to read from one of their students (those nuns will get you every time).

      Your use of "And" is just a style thing and is fine to disagree with me about (see above). As a tester, you can now take any edits as you see fit and make the changes as you see fit. You still need to comply with the requirements, but the rest is up to you as the tester. I'll make a note that I won't get yelled at if I suggest a comma edit in your reports for the next ones. Have fun!

      Dennis
      >>> andrewclaus@... 11/01/03 03:21PM >>>
      <good stuff snipped>