Re: [BackpackGearTest] REPOST - LEKI Air Ergo 2 backcounty pole

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2003
      At 03:28 AM 02/11/2003, you wrote:
      >Ok. I have reposted the review here:
      ><http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/Level%201/Owner%20Review%20of%20LEKI%20Air%20Ergo%202%20backcountry%20pole/.>http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/Level%201/Owner%20Review%20of%20LEKI%20Air%20Ergo%202%20backcountry%20pole/.
      >I have taken in all of the suggested edits to the best of my ability, but
      >I am not sure I addressed the projecting issue that you mentioned quite as
      >well as I might have if I really thought there was somebody out there that
      >could use a 150 cm pole. You might check on that section of the report.
      >Secondly, I added an update (yes, already) to the end of the review that
      >has not yet been seen by editors.
      >Thanks for the editing. I am always surprised by the number of mistakes
      >that slip through my fingers. -mike

      Hi Mike

      Sorry but it is a real pain to edit from the website. Please repost the
      Review to the list as requested. As to your comment on the 150 cm pole. I
      met a guy walking the Bibbulmun Track who is 6' 8". Now I don't know if he
      would use the full length of the pole, but he might come close.
      Irrespective of our views, projecting is not ok and it is just good to get
      into the habit of not doing it.

      Thanks
      Andrew Priest
      Chief Edit Moderator

      reviews and tests on the planet

    • Andy Mytys
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2003
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest <apriest@b...>
        wrote:
        > At 03:28 AM 02/11/2003, you wrote:
        > >Ok. I have reposted the review here:
        > >I have taken in all of the suggested edits to the best of my
        > >ability, but I am not sure I addressed the projecting issue that
        > >you mentioned quite as well as I might have if I really thought
        > >there was somebody out there that could use a 150 cm pole.
        >
        > Hi Mike
        >
        > Sorry but it is a real pain to edit from the website. Please repost
        > the Review to the list as requested. As to your comment on the 150
        > cm pole. I met a guy walking the Bibbulmun Track who is 6' 8". Now
        > I don't know if he would use the full length of the pole, but he
        > might come close. Irrespective of our views, projecting is not ok
        > and it is just good to get into the habit of not doing it.

        Not to mention a lot of us use the poles for other things, like
        holding up our tarps, lowing bags into tight cracks to retrieve water
        in dry and desperate areas, pushing bear bags up when counter
        balancing, etc.

        I like long poles myself. 135 cm is a MINIMUM, IMO.
      • Andrew Priest
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2003
          Hi Mike

          Thanks for working with me to finalise this Review. It really is a good
          review. Please find my final edits below. I still do have some concerns re
          your comments on the pole length, however, a simple three word addition
          will resolve my concerns. Once sorted you are most welcome to upload your
          Owner Review to:

          <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Trekking%20Poles/Poles/LEKI%20AirErgo%202%20ELS%20Backcountry%20Non-Probe/>
          or Reviews > Trekking Poles > Poles > LEKI AirErgo 2 ELS Backcountry Non-Probe.

          When you upload the HTML copy of your Owner Review please click the radio
          button labelled, Owner Review. The file name is not relevant.

          I strongly recommend that you do a test upload to the test upload folder at
          Reviews > Test or <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test>. This
          allows you to check that all is well with your Owner Review before you
          place it on the main site. One problem area which comes all too often, is
          URL not being hot (clickable). Please verify that all links in your Owner
          Review work ok when uploaded.

          support group,
          BGTFileUploadHelp @ <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BGTFileUploadHelp/>.

          Regards
          Andrew Priest
          Chief Edit Moderator

          At 10:12 AM 02/11/2003, you wrote:
          >Owner Review Of
          >LEKI Air Ergo 2 Backcountry Hiking Pole

          EDIT:> Reviewing the Leki website, I would suggest the more correct title
          for the pole is "Leki AirErgo 2 (ELS) Backcountry Non-Probe Hiking
          Pole." Can you please correct your title.

          >Background Information:
          >Additionally, the two-piece construction gave the poles a great amount of
          >length variability; something as tall man,
          >I look for. They range from 90 to 150 centimeters (35.4-59.0 in), and have
          >come to be quite useful as reaching poles (more on that later).

          EDIT:> "A" is missing between "as A tall man".

          >Comments and Review:
          >
          >With a maximum length of 150 cm (59 in) it is far too long to, when being used
          >properly, serve as a hiking pole, even for the tallest of people.

          EDIT:> As I alluded to early, I continue to have a problem with this
          statement, as you are making a judgement/projection to all people. I know,
          I have read your comments on the tallest man etc. It just still does not
          sit comfortably with me. Adding the words "in my opinion" makes all the
          difference and makes the view expressed your opinion rather than "fact."
          reviews and tests on the planet