RE: [BackpackGearTest] Dolomitti Jacket - Initial report edits

  • Chief Moderator
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
      Style almost always takes preference over technical correctness. I want
      the widest possible latitude that still produces reports we'd all be
      willing to show to our friends....because that is who is going to be
      reading it.
      Jerry

      <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/> http://www.BackpackGearTest.org :
      the most comprehensive interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
        Looks like the box at the postoffice wasn't the Europa II, dang, not really
        !!!!
        Dolomitti is here and WOW.
        Initial Report to follow in a couple of days (walked out of PO without
        tearing box open and wieghing contents.)

        If the Europa had come back today, i would be out instead of on the
        computer. Great weather here today.

        TV

        Honk if you love justice.
        -The Tick
      • Dennis Shubitowski
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
          No problem Andy. At BGT, the style of the writer always stands often whether or not it is gramatically "correct" or not. If all reports were perfect, looked and read the same, the site would be boring to read. The test monitor's job is to read over the reports in the series, make sure all the information that is supposed to be there is there, and make sure there are no obvious errors or mistakes (spellings or otherwise). Some monitors even may suggest things to consider when testing (ie. "Did you consider trying this...") which is always valuable to me. Some testers don't like having the grammar and style-type stuff commented on which is fine. I, personally, try to turn in a report that my old English teachers wouldn't be embarrased to read from one of their students (those nuns will get you every time).

          Your use of "And" is just a style thing and is fine to disagree with me about (see above). As a tester, you can now take any edits as you see fit and make the changes as you see fit. You still need to comply with the requirements, but the rest is up to you as the tester. I'll make a note that I won't get yelled at if I suggest a comma edit in your reports for the next ones. Have fun!

          Dennis
          >>> andrewclaus@... 11/01/03 03:21PM >>>
          <good stuff snipped>