Re: [BackpackGearTest] EDIT - Bite XTRAC OS Sandals field report [JIM]

  • JimSabis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2003
      In a message dated 9/29/2003 9:26:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      jetriple@... writes:

      > From: James Triplett Saturday, September 27, 2003 3:43 PM
      > To: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com More...
      > CC: More...
      > Subject: EDIT - Bite XTRAC OS Sandals field report [JIM]
      >
      > Hey Jim. Nice job on your field report. You have done a very
      > thorough job of testing and reporting. Thank you for such an
      > interesting piece of work. I imagine you had fun writing it. :-)
      >
      > I only have a few edits for you, and ask that you look at Fuzzy's
      > comments too (which you have already done).
      >
      > Here ya go. Make your edits and then please upload your report.
      >
      > Thanks again!
      >
      > James T.
      > Bite OS Monitor

      James - Thanks for the edits. I'm pleased you enjoyed the report. Yes, I
      enjoyed this one a great deal My favorites tend to be the items that I have an
      inate curiousity about, such as sandals, or that fit with my backpacking
      preferences. The best are the ones that expand my horizons improve my backpacking kit.
      The XTRACs also fit this latter group. Like Andy experienced, the sandals
      turn heads in the mountains. I have a plan to stir up some local trouble: I am a
      member of the AMC (Appalachian Mountain Club) and they tend to be very strict
      about hiking gear requirements. It is not unusual to see 'no sneakers' listed
      in the hike schedules. I've been tempted to show up in my trail runners. The
      XTRACs may well cause a purple faced hissy fit at the trail head!

      Oh yes: Your edits will be incorporated and uploaded!

      One item: Bite capitalizes Toe Guard in their literature, but they also TM
      (trademark) it. I will do the same.

      Jim S.

      The simple Hippocratic oath - 'First, do no harm' - is a far, far more
      radical sentence in the history of thought than it seems. It recognizes the
      existance of evil - illness - that in many ways is beyond our control. It is the
      opposite of magical thinking, witch-doctor think, which promises to make well, to
      cure. 'Do no harm' is the truly radical sentence; 'Cultivate your garden' the
      unforgivable one. - Andre Glucksmann