Re: [BackpackGearTest] suggestions

  • GearTester
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27, 2001

      Actually, and I'm not making this up, it will be called the Horse Thief......swear to god.....    ;o)
      Jerry
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest : the most comprehensive interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 28, 2001

        >>Actually, and I'm not making this up, it will be called the Horse
        Thief......swear to god.....    ;o) Jerry<<

        I think I like Misplaced Puma better.  Will the "Horse Thief" be their long-awaited ultralight three-season model?  And will it come with a tag bearing phone numbers for attornies with experience in livestock pilfering cases?

        Must be a Western thing.

        George
      • GearTester
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 28, 2001
          They use, primarily,  the names of mountains around Steamboat Springs as .....inspirations....for the names of their bags.

        • gordon-price@home.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 30, 2001
            --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "GearTester" <geartester@q...> wrote:

            > Actually, and I'm not making this up, it will be called the Horse
            Thief......swear to god..... ;o)
            > Jerry

            Please put me on the list of "I wanna test that thing, too". I do
            three season backpacking in Oregon, sometomes with a SD Clip
            Flashlight, now more often with a Hennessy Hammock, maybe with a tarp
            in the future. I am going the lightweight route (GVP G4 pack,
            Hammock, SnowPak GigaPower stove and TT pot, etc.) I hope to do some
            winter camping this year on the coast or in the coastal mountains, if
            only because I like A: rain and B: solitude. I might try snow
            camping, but what is light weight about that ;)

            regards,
            Gordon
          • GearTester
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 30, 2001
              The really light weight gear sled you use to transport your gear.... =o)
              Jerry