Re: [BackpackGearTest] Digest Number 325

  • AsABat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26 6:33 AM
      > From: woward

      > What are you using now to take your tent and sleeping bag each from
      5# to 2#, your stove to 1/2 oz, etc.?

      Tent is Wanderlust Nomad (regular model) 2 pounds including ground sheet and
      stakes, $250, from www.wanderlustgear.com .

      Sleeping bag is Marmot Arroyo long , 30 degree, 2 pounds, list price $279,
      see www.marmot.com , available at REI, etc.
      Now I'd look at the Marmot Hydrogen, 30 degree, 1 pound 11 ounces, list
      price $279.
      Western Mountaineering has lighter bags, but they're too narrow for my
      comfort.

      Stove is homemade Pepsi Can Stove, plans at
      http://www.pcthiker.com/pages/gear/pepsistove.shtml . It took me about an
      hour to make mine. One ounce of alcohol will boil 2 cups of water in 5
      minutes and will burn for 9 minutes total. Cost is 3 Pepsi cans and a bit of
      high temperature flue tape.

      This list is probably the wrong place for extended discussion on this topic.
      archives. They have 1564 members who can help you.

      Bill "AsABat" Jeffrey