Stephanie OOP

  • Stephanie Martin
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 19, 2003
      I'm headed OOP.
      The Big Agnes Madhouse test is awaiting JET's upload at which point it will be
      complete.

      I have seen no apps for the Bio-silver tops. C'mon folks! Admit to your
      stinkiness!

      I'll be back next sunday, but the test call for the Hot Chillys will close
      friday unless I don't have enough apps.

      ya'll play nice...
      -Stephanie

      reviews and tests on the planet!
    • Stephanie Martin
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 16, 2003
        Hey all, I'm OOP until Tuesday - I'll be expecting all yer Hot Chillys reports
        when I return :)
        Have fun testing!
        Steph

        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 21, 2003
          I will be OOP off and on until Sunday November 30. I'll definitely be back on
          Monday Dec 1.

          Things I have my fingers in:
          1) Hot Chillys Monitor: There may or may not be a monitor report depending on
          if I'm home. No updates, the testers are in Field testing stage.

          2) Test Moderator Duties - the Following Test Calls are open. Please check
          the original calls for details, depending on apps, they may close on the dates
          specified in the original call.

          -POE Max-Lite - 2 apps - Originally scheduled to close Monday Nov 24 at
          11:59pm MST
          -POE Max-Mtn - 1 app - Originally scheduled to close Monday Nov 24 at 11:59pm
          MST
          -Gregory Z Pack - 7 apps - Originally scheduled to close Monday Nov 24 at
          11:59 MST (highly likely)
          -Gregory Electra - 3 apps - Originally scheduled to close Monday Nov 24 at
          11:59pm MST
          -STABILicers - 0 apps - Originally scheduled to close Saturday Nov 29 at
          11:59pm MST
          -STABILicers SPORTs - 0 apps - Originally scheduled to close Saturday Nov 29
          at 11:59pm MST

          And yes, I do believe I currently hold the record for number of open test
          calls out by a single moderator.

          Happy Turkey Day everyone,

          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 11, 2004
            I will be OOP starting this evening thru Monday August 16 doing gear round up
            duty at the OR show :D

            No tests are affected. And the Mentor program is running on Auto-Pilot while I'm
            gone...

            y'all play nice and we'll see what santa brings...

            -Stephanie

            reviews and tests on the planet!
          • Shane Steinkamp
            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 11, 2004
              As Stephanie mentioned in her OOP notice, the time is upon us when The
              Chosen Ones of the Oracle travel to the Mysterious Kingdom of the Outdoor
              Retailer Show. When they come back from their Long and Dangerous travels,
              they will bring back much strange and wondrous gear for us to test. Some of
              it will not be particularly strange, and perhaps not all of it will be
              wondrous, but it will all have to be tested none-the-less.

              The Moderators have has a little break because we got all the winter gear
              out like we wanted to. We are now ramping back up to handle the flood that
              is about to be unleashed. We are trimming the sails and expect the wind at
              our backs, so we are going to sail BGT into more uncharted territory.

              As our crew of soulless mind slaves...ah...I mean Gear Testers...there are
              tasks at hand for you as well. Now is the time for you to be checking your
              bio, refining your applications, polishing off due reports, and forecasting
              your testing opportunities for then next six months.

              People who haven't been approved for testing yet should be hustling to get
              their two ORs in place and mail their Tester Agreement.

              Newbies should likewise be doing everything they can to make themselves
              presentable as testers.

              Veterans should be examining their current test load and figuring out the
              kinds of things you would like to test and thinking about what you can do to
              refine your application process. Veterans should also consider serving as
              Test Monitors if you aren't already in the program.

              The Moderators have their particular tasks in hand, and everyone will be
              pleased to know that I will have few other duties in the coming months
              except to work on the next iteration of the Survival Guide. There are going
              to be some changes - we hope for the better - and if everyone cooperates
              with this process (and has a little patience with me if I screw it up)
              things will go smoothly.

              I'd really like everyone to pay attention to this next part.

              We have been running a record number of tests. We are about to run a lot
              more. This causes the work load on the Moderators to go up. Much of this
              you will never see, but the load does go up.

              Nobodies load goes up more than the List Moderator's; Andrew. I don't think
              that everyone appreciates exactly how much he has to keep track of day to
              day in order to keep things running smoothly. He deserves our thanks, our
              praise, and our deep appreciation. More than that, he deserves our
              mindfulness. We should make things as easy as we can for him. Keep your
              Subject lines in order. Provide needed information in your posts. Notify
              us (and your monitor) either on list or by private mail if you are going to
              be OOP or otherwise late on a test. If your computer breaks down and you
              can't file a report, call me at 504.722.3126 and tell me about it. You
              should monitor yourself at all times to make sure that your Ps and Qs are in
              order. Monitors should keep abreast of the tests they are monitoring and
              handle issues quickly as they arise. In order for us to continue doing
              what we do, and to continue growing, we need to be organized, and that's a
              team effort.

              Mistakes are bound to happen, but if we work to do the things we are
              supposed to do, things will go better. (I know... I'm a master of the
              obvious.) The bottom line is that if somebody screws something up, or goes
              AWOL, or doesn't communicate with us, it means that someone has to track it
              down, track you down, or try to figure out what the heck is going on. The
              person on the front line in that case is Andrew, and he has enough to do now
              without having to crack the whip on any of us.

              I will now open the floor to Andrew to see if he has any specific
              instructions that we can all follow in order to make his job easier.

              Get ready! The time for testing is nigh!

              Shane Steinkamp
              BGT Moderator
            • Brian
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 11, 2004
                Cool! What kind of winter gear is there for Central California? No
                Snow, 65 degrees......

                HAHAHA

                Brian

[...]

                Subject lines in order. Provide needed information in your posts. Notify
[...]

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • amytys@highstream.net
                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 12, 2004
                  > Subject: Gearing up at the OR Show - READ THIS!
                  >

                  > Nobodies load goes up more than the List Moderator's; Andrew. I don't think
                  > that everyone appreciates exactly how much he has to keep track of day to
                  > day in order to keep things running smoothly.

                  So, what's the plan when Andrew eventually snaps and goes OOP into the looney
                  bin? I'm certainly in awe, and grateful, for all of Andrew's, and everyone
                  else's efforts!
                • Pat Christian
                  Message 8 of 20 , Aug 12, 2004
                    Stuff, stuff, stuff, piled high, piled deep. That's how the
                    Outdoor Retail Show was beginning to stack up when I left the Salt
                    Palace Wednesday night (Aug. 11) after finishing assembling the Ecco
                    footwear booth (booth 5326 in the ballroom). It was a complicated
                    affair with three eight-foot-high wall sections, a header and hanging
                    sign and we spent three days setting it up. Well, the first four hours
                    were spent just waiting for the forklifts to bring us the crates. Now
                    my back hurts. I was like carrying a 40-pound pack up an 11,000er.
                    Looks like I won't be there for the run of the show, when I had
                    hoped to meet other BGTes, but I saw a lot of outdoor stuff during the
                    three days of setting up. But I will be back Sunday to disassemble
                    the Ecco booth moments after the close of the show.
                    So good luck to Jerry and his fearless team of BGT scouts who
                    reconnoiter all that stuff at the show. Stay low and look out for snipers.
                    Jason (Boyle), as per you wanting to meet other BGTers—I stopped
                    by your Big City booth upstairs three times, but it was not set up
                    yet. I guess you all will set the 10' x 10' booth up after arriving
                    later.
                    To me it looked a lot like the other OR shows I have set up booths
                    for (Last year it was Nikon), or used to cover as a newspaper
                    reporter. Seems mostly the same venders, although I'm sure there are
                    a number of new ones. I was impressed with the monster plastic
                    swimming pool at the north end of the main convention hall where
                    watercraft can be demonstrated. I was also interested in several tent
                    designs of some company in aisle, I think, around 5300 (in the ball
                    room) Jerry's team might want to check them out, and check out Primus
                    stoves. Oh, yes, and there was this real good looking…in booth—now
                    what was that booth—?
                    I did seem to me that I was hearing a lot more Japanese
                    (wakarimasen) at the show than I usually hear along with the usual
                    many European languages.
                    Good luck all BGT scouts and all others at the big, big, shoue.

                    pat

                  • amytys@highstream.net
                    Message 9 of 20 , Aug 12, 2004

                      > From: "Pat Christian" <pat@...>
                      >
                      > I did seem to me that I was hearing a lot more Japanese
                      > (wakarimasen) at the show than I usually hear along with the usual
                      > many European languages.

                      Hopefully, this means Mont-Bell is on the scene. The latest ish of BPer has an
                      ad for the new down liner jacket - two different cuts, one for men and one for
                      women. Avg weight, 7 oz!
                    • rebecca@backpackgeartest.org
                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 12, 2004
                        They were at the winter OR show.

                        Many of the Japanese folks wandering around the winter show were buyers.

                        Quoting amytys@...:

                        > > From: "Pat Christian" <pat@...>
                        > >
                        > > I did seem to me that I was hearing a lot more Japanese
                        > > (wakarimasen) at the show than I usually hear along with the usual
                        > > many European languages.
                        >

                        > Hopefully, this means Mont-Bell is on the scene. The latest ish of BPer has
                        > an
                        > ad for the new down liner jacket - two different cuts, one for men and one
                        > for
                        > women. Avg weight, 7 oz!

                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • Shane
                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 12, 2004
                          > So, what's the plan when Andrew eventually snaps and goes OOP into
                          > the looney bin?

                          We lash him to the mast and find three people to fill in while we all pray
                          hard while panicing.

                          > I'm certainly in awe, and grateful, for all of Andrew's, and everyone
                          > else's efforts!

                          Thanks!

                          Shane
                        • Andrew Priest
                          Message 12 of 20 , Aug 12, 2004
                            At 09:42 PM 12/08/2004, you wrote:
                            > > Subject: Gearing up at the OR Show - READ THIS!
                            > >

                            > > Nobodies load goes up more than the List Moderator's; Andrew. I don't
                            > think
                            > > that everyone appreciates exactly how much he has to keep track of day to
                            > > day in order to keep things running smoothly.
                            >

                            >So, what's the plan when Andrew eventually snaps and goes OOP into the looney
                            >bin? I'm certainly in awe, and grateful, for all of Andrew's, and everyone
                            >else's efforts!

                            What do you mean when? :-)

                            Andrew

                          • Jerry Goller
                            Message 13 of 20 , Aug 14, 2004
                              Its actually something I worry about. Andrew puts in a tremendous amount of
                              time and effort on BGT. I am constantly trying to think of ways to lighten
                              his load and still not lose the product of his work. He understands on a
                              very basic level exactly what I want in reports. He would be extremely
                              difficult to replace. I'm going to continue to try to come up with a way of
                              using him to the fullest...(;o) ) and still take some of the tremendous
                              load off his shoulders.
                              Jerry

                              > Nobodies load goes up more than the List Moderator's; Andrew. I don't
                              think
                              > that everyone appreciates exactly how much he has to keep track of day to
                              > day in order to keep things running smoothly.

                              So, what's the plan when Andrew eventually snaps and goes OOP into the
                              looney
                              bin? I'm certainly in awe, and grateful, for all of Andrew's, and everyone
                              else's efforts!

                              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1298hvtmg/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=gr
                              oups/S=1705066005:HM/EXP=1092404537/A=2164330/R=0/SIG=11eamf8g4/*http://www.
                              netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183350> click here

                              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=
                              :HM/A=2164330/rand=152712501>

                              _____

                              Yahoo! Groups Links

                              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                            • Stephanie Martin
                              Message 14 of 20 , Sep 1, 2004
                                I'll be OOP thru Monday Sept 6.
                                Since I saw interest in the ICP Exponent peak, but only saw 2 additional
                                applications, I'll leave the call open until I come back...so get those apps
                                in, folks!

                                No other testing is affected.
                                Stephanie
                                BGT Moderator

                                Message 15 of 20 , Nov 19, 2004
                                  I will be OOP until Sunday November 28 doing some gear testing.

                                  Items affected:
                                  1) I have an inquiry into Granite Gear about Rob P's missing gloves. If I get a
                                  response, I'll forward it.

                                  2) Mentor Program will be running on auto pilot. I will admit I've been
                                  slightly lax in the mentor program of late; I will likely send a standard email
                                  to the list addressing Newbies upon my return. Any newbies reading this who are
                                  also interested in obtaining a mentor can send me an email off list with the
                                  subject line "Mentor Request" All new requests will be processed after i get
                                  back.

                                  3) ICP Solar Field Report is due the Tuesday after I return. I anticipate
                                  getting the report in on time.

                                  4) My Gregory Tega just arrived. Because I will be OOP, I will be getting
                                  testing in; but I will not have access to a computer while I'm out. I'll try
                                  to get my report filed as soon as I get back. To cover myself, I am officially
                                  requesting a one week extension effective on my date of return.

                                  I think that's it.

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Mar 18 10:47 AM
                                    All:
                                    I will be OOP until Monday March 28:

                                    This affects the following:
                                    1) Mentor Requests that have not yet been processed will remain unprocessed
                                    until my return
                                    2) I'm expecting a pile of Tester Agreements from Shane. They will be processed
                                    upon my return - we have noted their Receipt.
                                    3) Tilley LTM6 IR - awaiting edit.

                                    Message 17 of 20 , May 10, 2005
                                      I'm OOP and I have no idea what my interenet access will be like for the next
                                      week (traveling on business, but I might get stuck on dialup to try to get
                                      in...in which case I'm going to go bonkers)

                                      In any case, I should be back on May 16.
                                      What does this mean to you?

                                      IF YOU ARE A NEWBIE who requested a mentor, I'm delayed in queing people right
                                      now.

                                      Tests affected:
                                      I have Uploaded my ExO LTR (hooray)
                                      I have a Tilley FR due the tuesday I get back. I'm aiming to have it done on
                                      time.

                                      Test Calls:
                                      -I'm still trying to track down those Sierra Designs sleeping bags. They were
                                      supposed to go out beginning of May, but it sounds like they didnt.
                                      -The Comet packs also have not shipped to my knowledge, but those are awaiting
                                      arrival by Ron.
                                      -We are working on getting Dennis' calls worked out. Please be patient and stand
                                      by.

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Sep 3, 2005
                                        All:
                                        I will be out for the rest of the Labor Day weekend and should be back Tuesday
                                        unless I have issues obtaining gasoline :P in which case some extra gear
                                        testing will occur.

                                        All queries regarding my open test calls will have to wait until I return.

                                        Spyderco Tester Selections will be complete, and testers notifed on Tuesday.

                                        Be good :)
                                        -Steph

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Nov 18, 2005
                                          I am officially OOP, returning Monday November 28. I suspect I will be a little
                                          quiet on that Monday as I dig out from my normal job.

                                          The following are affected:

                                          Moderator Duties:
                                          -Notifications for the Gregory Packs (if possible, can one of the other test
                                          Moderators take care of this?)
                                          -Followup on late reports:
                                          -Arron Robinson, Hurricane Rainsuit
                                          -David Posalski, Orikaso Picnic Set

                                          Test Duties:
                                          -Valandre LaFayette - it arrived at a bad time, I will hopefully be able to get
                                          the draft to you guys early next week upon my return. I apologize for the
                                          tardiness.

                                          Play nicely
                                          Have a happy Turkey Day

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Dec 5, 2005
                                            I will be travelling for business, I will have access to email, but responses
                                            will be greatly delayed.

                                            I will be returning Monday Dec 12.

                                            Items affected:
                                            -I haven't seen the all clear to start uploads again, so I have not uploaded my
                                            valandre la fayette report