Princeton Tec Scout IR in Test Folder [JET]

  • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2003
      I put a version of my Scout Report in the test folder <
      http://snurl.com/Jet_Scout> I think I overdid it with the tables, so plan
      on that being cleaned up before I post the final version (once edits are
      received and incorporated). I'm new to tables, but was having some
      formatting problems and decided to give it a go. I'll work on the look and
      feel a bit to make it more friendly.

      Thanks!

      James T.
    • Rick Allnutt
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2003
        This is from my alterego email... Risk Writing...

        James T,

        This is style only, but if you are feeling like the
        tables are a little overdone, try removing some of the
        box outlines by changing the options. It may look
        more pleasing to you. Oh, perhaps that is what you
        mean by cleaning them up?

        Rick
        --- jetriple@... wrote:

        > I put a version of my Scout Report in the test
        > folder <
        > http://snurl.com/Jet_Scout> I think I overdid it
        > with the tables, so plan
        > on that being cleaned up before I post the final
        > version (once edits are
        > received and incorporated). I'm new to tables, but
        > was having some
        > formatting problems and decided to give it a go.
        > I'll work on the look and
        > feel a bit to make it more friendly.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > James T.

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • Rebecca
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2003
          Hey JET - very nice report and appearance. Good pictures! If you don't
          like the border on the tables (which may look like overdoing it to you), you
          can always set the border=0 and retain the formatting without all the lines.
          Anyways, I've found a few edits - pasted below for your fixing pleasure. =)
          This edit is done from the uploaded version in the test folder.

          -------------------------------
          In Backpacking Background section:

          " That instilled in my love for the outdoors, "

          Just a guess, but do you mean

          "That instilled in me a love for the outdoors, "

          This reads better IMHO.
          ------------------------------

          In the Manufacturer Information section:

          The princetontec.com link has no / after it, but the ptsportlights.com/
          does. Might want to make them consistent.
          ---------------------------------

          From Initial Inspection section:
          The Princeton Tec Scout was easily removed from the package, easy to adjust
          the headband, and easy to figure out how to turn it own

          I think you mean "turn it on"

          --------------------------------

          I put a version of my Scout Report in the test folder <
          http://snurl.com/Jet_Scout> I think I overdid it with the tables, so plan
          on that being cleaned up before I post the final version (once edits are
          received and incorporated). I'm new to tables, but was having some
          formatting problems and decided to give it a go. I'll work on the look
          and
          feel a bit to make it more friendly.

          Thanks!

          James T.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 3, 2003
            Thanks Becca!

            I have made the changes (plus fixed a few more awkward areas) and uploaded
            my report. I decided to go with the borderless tables, and it looks okay.
            Thanks again for your help and for your edits.

            -Jet

            "Rebecca" <rebecca@...>

            09/02/2003 08:11 PM
            Please respond to BackpackGearTest

[...]

            From Initial Inspection section:
            The Princeton Tec Scout was easily removed from the package, easy to
            adjust
            the headband, and easy to figure out how to turn it own

            I think you mean "turn it on"

            --------------------------------
          • Chuck Carnes
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 3, 2003
              JT,
              You are going to have to stop with the pictures and
              the table of contents. Man you are making some us look
              silly:)
              Just kidding, the review looks great! I am just
              jealous because I don't know how to do that stuff. It
              really makes a review look good and helps visualize
              what you are talking about. Good job!
              --- jetriple@... wrote:

              > Thanks Becca!
              >
              > I have made the changes (plus fixed a few more
              > awkward areas) and uploaded
              > my report. I decided to go with the borderless
              > tables, and it looks okay.
              > Thanks again for your help and for your edits.
              >
              > -Jet
              >

              > "Rebecca" <rebecca@...>
              >
              > 09/02/2003 08:11 PM
              > Please respond to BackpackGearTest
              >

              > Hey JET - very nice report and appearance. Good
              > pictures! If you don't
              > like the border on the tables (which may look like
              > overdoing it to you),
              > you
              > can always set the border=0 and retain the
              > formatting without all the
              > lines.
              > Anyways, I've found a few edits - pasted below for
              > your fixing pleasure. =)
              > This edit is done from the uploaded version in the
              > test folder.
              >
              > -------------------------------
              > In Backpacking Background section:
              >
              > " That instilled in my love for the outdoors, "
              >
              > Just a guess, but do you mean
              >
              > "That instilled in me a love for the outdoors, "
              >
              > This reads better IMHO.
              > ------------------------------
              >
              > In the Manufacturer Information section:
              >
              > The princetontec.com link has no / after it, but the
              > ptsportlights.com/
              > does. Might want to make them consistent.
              > ---------------------------------
              >
              > From Initial Inspection section:
              > The Princeton Tec Scout was easily removed from the
              > package, easy to
              > adjust
              > the headband, and easy to figure out how to turn it
              > own
              >
              > I think you mean "turn it on"
              >
              > --------------------------------

              =====
              Chuck Carnes

              http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
            • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 3, 2003
                Thanks CC. I stole most (if not all) of my ideas from other test reports.
                There's a reason I'm one of the top BGT surfers, which I think there were
                stats on at one time. If you want to talk about it on BGTFileUploadHelp
                I'd be glad to show you how I did the pictures and tables. I have a good
                knowledge of photo editing, but am a total newbie at tables. I can
                actually barley spell html. If I can do it, anyone can.

                Thanks again for the compliments.

                Jet

                Chuck Carnes <ctcarnes1@...>

                09/03/2003 08:55 AM

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 3, 2003
                  I may take you up on that.
                  Thanks!

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 3, 2003
                    I still have not found BGTFileUploadHelp.
                    How do you get to it?

                    --- jetriple@... wrote:
                    If you want to talk about it
                    > on BGTFileUploadHelp
                    > I'd be glad to show you how I did the pictures and
                    > tables.

                    =====
                    Chuck Carnes

                    http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                  • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 3, 2003

                      Jet

                      Chuck Carnes <ctcarnes1@...>

                      09/03/2003 12:22 PM
                      Please respond to BackpackGearTest

                      I still have not found BGTFileUploadHelp.
                      How do you get to it?

                      --- jetriple@... wrote:
                      If you want to talk about it
                      > on BGTFileUploadHelp
                      > I'd be glad to show you how I did the pictures and
                      > tables.

                      =====
                      Chuck Carnes