RE: [BackpackGearTest] Sawyer Insect Repellent Field Report

  • Shane Steinkamp
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
      > Sawyer Products Insect Repellents
      > Initial Report

      Field report, actually...

      Anyway, thanks Rocky. I hope things went easy on the thing you were working
      on.

      I apologize for not picking this up and editing it now, but I'm still at the
      beach, and the stars are calling to me. I just can't bring myself to sit in
      front of Satan's Electronic Bung Hole for much longer...

      OH, and I won't be posting my Yukon report for the same reasons until
      Wednesday or Thursday night.

      I apologize, but can't readily be held responsible. If you could hear the
      sea calling you, you'd go too...

      I have, however, been testing both the Yukon and the Virga out here...and
      taking coolio pictures...

      Shane
    • Clifford R. Haynes
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2003
        I'm in no rush Shane. When the ocean calls one must answer.
        Got the truck done, but I'll never do one again for any reason. Too much work,
        Rocky

      • Shane Steinkamp
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2003
          Thanks Rocky. Here are the edits. Nicely done. Upload when ready.

          Shane

          ***

          > Initial Report

          EDIT: 'Field Report'

          > an assistant scout master;

          STUPID QUESTION: Is it 'scout master' or 'scoutmaster'?

          > 3. Sawyer Maxi Deet Insect Repellent

          EDIT: Please use "DEET" throughout.

          > break down. As the glob of protein breaks down, the individual

          EDIT: Extra space after 'As'.

          > about 5 1/2" (114 mm) tall, 1 3/4" (44.5 mm) wide,

          EDIT: Extra space after 'tall,'.

          > When the concentrations of bugs was high

          EDIT: 'concentration'

          > that I was able to tested all of the products.

          EDIT: 'able to test'

          > during the day and mosquitoes and no-see-ums at night.

          EDIT: Extra space after 'day'.

          > bugs are very bad, most folks don't want

          COMMENT: Consider 'are very bad, and most folks'.

          > Release is relative water resistant and

          EDIT: 'relatively'

          > tall and 1 7/16" (36 mm) in diameter.

          EDIT: Extra space after 'and'.

          > and weighs 2.8 oz (77 g). Unfortunately

          EDIT: Extra space after 'weighs'.

          > but does have a odor (it smells like perfume to me).

          EDIT: 'an odor'

          > the deer flies doing tough and go landings

          EDIT: 'touch and go'

          > tall and 1 7/16" (36 mm) in diameter.

          EDIT: Extra space after 'and'.

          > The bottle contains 2 fl oz ( about 59 ml)

          EDIT: Extra space after ')'.

          > Maxi DEET as a stand alone product

          EDIT: 'stand-alone'

          > and the no-see-ums had there way with my ankles.

          EDIT: Extra space after 'way'.

          > But there will hopefully be a

          EDIT: Extra space after 'will'.
        • nazdarovye
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3, 2003
            Minor member edit:

            > > and the no-see-ums had there way with my ankles.
            >
            > EDIT: Extra space after 'way'.

            ADDITIONAL EDIT: should be "their" rather than "there."
          • Shane Steinkamp
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 3, 2003
              > > > and the no-see-ums had there way with my ankles.
              > >
              > > EDIT: Extra space after 'way'.
              >
              > ADDITIONAL EDIT: should be "their" rather than "there."

              Good catch! Thanks Steve.

              Shane
            • Clifford R. Haynes
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 4, 2003
                Thanks for the edits. Sorry about all the extra spaces, they don't show up well on my screen. Got to figure out a way to catch them myself. Maybe if I change to a larger font when I proof I might pick them up.
                Thanks
                Rocky

              • Shane
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 4, 2003
                  > Maybe if I change to a larger font when I proof I
                  > might pick them up.

                  No worries, mate. You did a thorough job on it, all said.

                  Shane