RE: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Garmin Rino 120

  • Chief Moderator
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31 9:45 PM
      I've spoken with Garmin, as late as the last show. They say they'd love
      to test with us but corporate has a policy of not "giving" away gear. In
      other words, corporate expects something for nothing. They want the
      input and expose of our site, they just want it free. That will probably
      happen right after Garmin starts giving away free GPS units to the
      general public.....or Hell freezes over, which ever occurs first.
      Jerry

      <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/> http://www.BackpackGearTest.org :
      the most comprehensive interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 31 10:47 PM
        > Do you know if this GPS is ever going to be tested? Cause
        > if it is, I really want to test it.

        If we ever do get to test a GPS, it's going to be a very hot item... Polish
        those application skills...

        Shane
      • Chief Moderator
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
          Oh, we're going to test one....it's just not going to be a Garmin.
          Jerry

          <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/> http://www.BackpackGearTest.org :
          the most comprehensive interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.

          > Do you know if this GPS is ever going to be tested? Cause
          > if it is, I really want to test it.

          If we ever do get to test a GPS, it's going to be a very hot item...
          Polish
          those application skills...

          Shane

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
          066005:HM/A=1693352/R=0/SIG=11tralmvc/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mq
          so=60178293&partid=3170658> click here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egrou
          pmail/S=:HM/A=1693352/rand=272848972>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • AsABat
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
            Why not think big? <grin>
            I have my eye on the Garmin iQue which is a GPS and Palm in one unit.
            Load National Geographic Topo! into this and no one could get lost.
            It's also be great for geocaching. At an MSRP of $589 I can
            understand we probably won't be seeing them.

            http://www.garmin.com/products/iQue3600/

            Bill Jeffrey