Garmin Rino 120

  • llenrocnave
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2003
      Do you know if this GPS is ever going to be tested? Cause if it is,
      I really want to test it.
    • Ashlee
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 31, 2003
        I have been eyeing this GPS since before it came out. I would lov
        eto test it.

        > Do you know if this GPS is ever going to be tested? Cause if it
        is,
        > I really want to test it.
      • Chief Moderator
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 31, 2003
          I've spoken with Garmin, as late as the last show. They say they'd love
          to test with us but corporate has a policy of not "giving" away gear. In
          other words, corporate expects something for nothing. They want the
          input and expose of our site, they just want it free. That will probably
          happen right after Garmin starts giving away free GPS units to the
          general public.....or Hell freezes over, which ever occurs first.
          Jerry

          <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/> http://www.BackpackGearTest.org :
          the most comprehensive interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.

          I have been eyeing this GPS since before it came out. I would lov
          eto test it.

          > Do you know if this GPS is ever going to be tested? Cause if it
          is,
          > I really want to test it.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
          066005:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/au
          toredir?camp=556&lineid=3614674&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egrou
          pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=646801092>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Shane Steinkamp
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 31, 2003
            > Do you know if this GPS is ever going to be tested? Cause
            > if it is, I really want to test it.

            If we ever do get to test a GPS, it's going to be a very hot item... Polish
            those application skills...

            Shane
          • Chief Moderator
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
              Oh, we're going to test one....it's just not going to be a Garmin.
              Jerry

              <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/> http://www.BackpackGearTest.org :
              the most comprehensive interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.

              > Do you know if this GPS is ever going to be tested? Cause
              > if it is, I really want to test it.

              If we ever do get to test a GPS, it's going to be a very hot item...
              Polish
              those application skills...

              Shane

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
              066005:HM/A=1693352/R=0/SIG=11tralmvc/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mq
              so=60178293&partid=3170658> click here

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egrou
              pmail/S=:HM/A=1693352/rand=272848972>

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            • AsABat
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
                Why not think big? <grin>
                I have my eye on the Garmin iQue which is a GPS and Palm in one unit.
                Load National Geographic Topo! into this and no one could get lost.
                It's also be great for geocaching. At an MSRP of $589 I can
                understand we probably won't be seeing them.

                http://www.garmin.com/products/iQue3600/

                Bill Jeffrey