Re: [BackpackGearTest] Seychelle

  • Ryan Jordan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
      Good, yes, but not "SWA good" which is really good.

      > They are marketing it through an Amway type company. I'm pretty sure it's
      > got a problem. I thought you had tested it in your lab and got good
      results.
      > I've been able to get flow rates out of the SWA that were very close to
      the
      > Seychelle so I switched.
    • Bill Jeffrey
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2001
        --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "GearTester" <geartester@q...> wrote:
        > They are marketing it through an Amway type company. I'm pretty
        sure it's
        > got a problem.

        Jerry, do you mean a problem with the filter or with their marketing?
        I've been using the Seychelles exclusively this summer and you're
        getting me concerned. Please explain.

        Thanks,
        Bill Jeffrey (AsABat)
      • GearTester
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2001
          Although Ryan said their performance in his lab was OK, he's concerned over
          their lack of willingness to provided their EPA info. I'm concerned about
          their stability as a company. The move to only marketing through a
          multi-tiered company did nothing to reassure me. I wouldn't be surprised to
          find that company has actually bought them out. It's hard to explain. I'm
          just not comfortable with them any more. I do have a vested interest in it
          though. The gravity feed system I'm pre-beta testing is one I'm developing
          myself. Seychelle and SWA both said they were interested in a royalty
          arrangement. As it sets right now I'm going with SWA.
          Jerry
          > > They are marketing it through an Amway type company. I'm pretty
          > sure it's
          > > got a problem.
          >
          > Jerry, do you mean a problem with the filter or with their marketing?
          > I've been using the Seychelles exclusively this summer and you're
          > getting me concerned. Please explain.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Bill Jeffrey (AsABat)
        • GearTester