Seychelle

  • Ryan Jordan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
      Jerry and other Seychelle inline filter testers:

      Has anyone actually seen any efficacy data for this filter? I've requested
      it from the mfr a few times with no response. I love the flow rate but
      refuse to switch, because I haven't seen any data on it. Then again, maybe
      there's a reason for that! Has this filter hit the market yet?

      Ryan (Big Sky Ry)
    • GearTester
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
        They are marketing it through an Amway type company. I'm pretty sure it's
        got a problem. I thought you had tested it in your lab and got good results.
        I've been able to get flow rates out of the SWA that were very close to the
        Seychelle so I switched.
        Jerry
        > Jerry and other Seychelle inline filter testers:
        >
        > Has anyone actually seen any efficacy data for this filter? I've requested
        > it from the mfr a few times with no response. I love the flow rate but
        > refuse to switch, because I haven't seen any data on it. Then again, maybe
        > there's a reason for that! Has this filter hit the market yet?
        >
        > Ryan (Big Sky Ry)

      • Ryan Jordan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
          Good, yes, but not "SWA good" which is really good.

          > They are marketing it through an Amway type company. I'm pretty sure it's
          > got a problem. I thought you had tested it in your lab and got good
          results.
          > I've been able to get flow rates out of the SWA that were very close to
          the
          > Seychelle so I switched.
        • Bill Jeffrey
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2001
            --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "GearTester" <geartester@q...> wrote:
            > They are marketing it through an Amway type company. I'm pretty
            sure it's
            > got a problem.

            Jerry, do you mean a problem with the filter or with their marketing?
            I've been using the Seychelles exclusively this summer and you're
            getting me concerned. Please explain.

            Thanks,
            Bill Jeffrey (AsABat)
          • GearTester
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2001
              Although Ryan said their performance in his lab was OK, he's concerned over
              their lack of willingness to provided their EPA info. I'm concerned about
              their stability as a company. The move to only marketing through a
              multi-tiered company did nothing to reassure me. I wouldn't be surprised to
              find that company has actually bought them out. It's hard to explain. I'm
              just not comfortable with them any more. I do have a vested interest in it
              though. The gravity feed system I'm pre-beta testing is one I'm developing
              myself. Seychelle and SWA both said they were interested in a royalty
              arrangement. As it sets right now I'm going with SWA.
              Jerry
              > > They are marketing it through an Amway type company. I'm pretty
              > sure it's
              > > got a problem.
              >
              > Jerry, do you mean a problem with the filter or with their marketing?
              > I've been using the Seychelles exclusively this summer and you're
              > getting me concerned. Please explain.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Bill Jeffrey (AsABat)
            • GearTester