Safari monitor report

  • cstarnes@nehp.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 26 4:07 PM
      All testers have turned in 1st and 2nd reports. 3rd report was due
      7/31/01 (by my calculation), however, Jerry wants reports by 7/9/01.
      If possible please meet the deadline set by Jerry. If there is a
      problem please let me know and I will try and clear it since I was
      the one that made the miscalculation.

      Coy Boy
    • orlyg
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 27 5:13 PM
        Just FYI: I spent a rainy night in the Safari and woke up with a soggy butt!
        I thought that I had set up the fly wrong but after talking to Tom Hennessy
        today he said that they have found that in a constant rain, the webbing
        tends to soak in the rain and it then soaks into the hammock fabric. This
        causes water to drip down to the lowest part of the hammock ( remember the
        soaked buttocks?).
        He said that if you soaked the webbing before it meets the hammock
        fabric with Seam Seal and tie a string there it should alleviate the
        problem.

        Has anyone had the same problem?

      • cstarnes@nehp.net
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 29 12:57 PM
          Orlyg

          Along with what Tom and Rosaleen said you might try this. Carry some
          thin strips of cheap plastic and some rubber bands. Put several
          rubber bands on the web straps and run them in to the hammock body
          before set up. Otherwise you could not get them around it. Wrap the
          plastic strips over the web strap and secure with rubber bands. This
          won't help much with the part of webbing around the tree however. I
          guess you could rig up something similar if you were using two small
          trees to begin with. Might need to run the leftover tail back under
          the same plastic. Also choosing small trees spaced just right(hardly
          ever happens) would limit the amount of webbing exposed to rain and
          would cut wicking way down. Good luck finding a solution. Let us know
          what works.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • cstarnes@nehp.net
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 11, 2001
            Hi All.

            All testers have submited and uploaded 1st and 2nd reports.
            The 3rd report is due July/31/2001. Long term review will be due
            Dec/31/2001

            Coy Boy
          • cstarnes@nehp.net

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 23, 2001
                I wont be able to update either test Wednesday so I'm doing so
                tonight. Leaving in the morning to attend a fenural in Florida.

                Safari report:

                All testers have submited and uploaded 1st and 2nd reports.
                The 3rd report is due July/31/2001. Long term review will be due
                Dec/31/2001

                Leki report:

                All reports submitited and uploaded except Roy P Massena. As I
                reported last week I lost the e-mail corospondence with the agreed
                extension date. I have tried to contact Roy but appearantly he is on
                the trip that was the reason for the delay. Roy when you read this
                please get 3rd report in. Sorry for loosing the info and having to
                update in this manner.

                Coy Boy
              • cstarnes@nehp.net
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 1, 2001
                  ALERT! The third report due date was 7/31/01. All testers need to
                  turn in third report and upload it to files. A.S.A.P.!!!

                  Thanks,
                  Coy Boy
                • GearTester
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 1, 2001
                    This is what I'm talking about. The bad part was that most, if not all, of
                    these testers have been with us awhile and know the requirements.
                    Jerry

                  • cstarnes@nehp.net
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 30, 2001
                      Still a ways off but a reminder for the Safari testers. Long term
                      reports due 12/31/01. David, Orlando and Rosaleen keep this date in
                      mind.

                      Coy Boy
                    • cstarnes@nehp.net
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 7, 2001
                        Just a quick reminder. The Safari Deluxe finale reports are due

                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 21, 2001
                            Just a quick reminder. The Safari Deluxe finale reports are due
                            12/31/01. David, Orlando and Rosaleen, keep this date in mind.

                            Coy Boy
                          • starnescr
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 13, 2001
                              The long term report will be due 12/31/01. Testers are Rosaleen
                              Sullivan, David Spellman, and Orlando Gomez.

                              Coy Boy
                            • starnescr
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 27, 2001
                                The Safari Deluxe long term reports are due next Monday, 12/31/01.
                                Rosaleen just got her report in and uploaded. David Spellman and
                                Orlando Gomez have a few more days,(5) counting today and Monday, to
                                get reports in. Thanks

                                Coy Boy
                              • starnescr
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jan 2, 2002
                                  Rosaleen Sullivan and Orlando Gomez have completed all reports in
                                  this test. I corosponded with David Spellman and he is still working
                                  on the final touches of his last report. He hopes to have the report
                                  in and uploaded Saturday. His report will conclude the Hennessy
                                  Safari Deluxe test series.

                                  Coy Boy