Re: Brasslight Turbo I : Brasslite comment

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      Aaron-

      I have blown out the Duo stove to stop cooking for a few minutes, planning to
      relight, so I can agree that is possible, at least on this model. How do you
      feel about a damp rag applied to the side of the stove to drop the
      temperature ensuring the flame is out and the stove has started to cool? The thumbscrew
      in the filler hole gets just as hot as the rest of the stove.

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen

      From: "Aaron" <aaron@...>
      Subject: Re: Brasslight Turbo I : Brasslite comment

      There's no danger in refueling a Turbo stove as long as one can be
      CERTAIN that it has no active flame. Hot doesn't matter, open flame
      does. That's difficult to know in the daytime. It's possible to
      close the ports and blow it out, then add fuel and light it again,
      even if the fuel hasn't run out. I've done it many times. But of
      course that's not an official part of the instructions and I
      certainly don't openly condone it.
      -Aaron
      http://www.brasslite.com

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, David Anderson