Re: Brasslight Turbo I : Brasslite comment

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2003
      There's no danger in refueling a Turbo stove as long as one can be
      CERTAIN that it has no active flame. Hot doesn't matter, open flame
      does. That's difficult to know in the daytime. It's possible to
      close the ports and blow it out, then add fuel and light it again,
      even if the fuel hasn't run out. I've done it many times. But of
      course that's not an official part of the instructions and I
      certainly don't openly condone it.
      -Aaron
      http://www.brasslite.com

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, David Anderson
      <danderson@b...> wrote:
      > At 02:43 AM 8/1/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      > >I hate to be ignorant or anything, but is there any danger in
      using
      > >the stove in this manner? (I mean, besides the obvious danger of
      > >refueling a hot stove.)
    • Shane
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2003
        > There's no danger in refueling a Turbo stove as long as one can
        > be CERTAIN that it has no active flame. Hot doesn't matter, open
        > flame does.

        Excellent. Thanks for the clarification.

        Shane