Re: EDIT - PCT Southern California Guide - Initial Report (Bill)

  • AsABat
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2003
      > > "In looking at why the bulk increased, I found that there is more
      > > white space on each page. The space between lines (leading) and
      > > between letters (kerning) has increased. Being the compulsive
      > > mapaholic I am, I read the text for tomorrow's hike the night
      > before, making notes on the map of anything I feel important, and
      > therefore don't typically refer to the text while walking.
      > >Therefore, while the extra white space may makes the text slightly
      > easier to read, I would prefer the previous layout, which produced
      a smaller book to carry on the trail."

      > ### in the sentence beginning with - Therefore - the word "makes"
      > should I think be "make".

      *** Got it. I'll wait a day or two to see if there are any other
      edits before uploading a corrected file.

      Yes, the HTML versions are always easier to read. I actually write my
      reports in HTML, paste the text into the yahoo message, and then
      change what used to be bold to caps, bullets to *, etc. I understand
      why we use text only for messages (and that's all Yahoo allows now
      anyway), but it sure is a pain.

      For those following the Geek thread on Kampfire, I write my HTML code
      using a very sophisticated program called Notepad.

      Bill Jeffrey