EDIT: HSSC Stream Initial Report -- Jennifer

  • Mark Stiebel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 5:59 AM
      Hi Jennifer,

      Sorry for the delay in editing your initial report. I have included a
      few comments for you to consider using in your report before uploading
      it to the website.

      -= Mark
      -= mark@...

      Also, while the placard points out many features of the pack in detail
      it does not point out the storage compartment for the helmet holder.

      ### Try "Also, whilst..", and also maybe put a comma after "detail"

      ...in a water inspired shade of blue known as "dive"

      ### It's probably a shade of blue that HSSC call "dive", rather than a
      shade of blue generally known as "dive"

      Two mesh pockets are on either side of the pack and are about half the
      height of the bag.

      ### Maybe try something like "There are two mesh pockets, one on each
      side of the pack"

      It is pulled taught on a light metal

      ### taut

      The zippers tend to stick a little where the inside pocket has a
      horizontal
      zipper than seems to stick out a tiny bit causing a small bump to get
      around.

      ### I think this sentence needs some work. Are you saying that all
      zippers stick a bit, but more noticeably the one on the inside pocket?

      At first I could not get it dispense any water.

      ### Need a "to" before "dispense"

      It seems to have a sweet spot that I'm not very good at hiting yet.

      ### hitting

      Perhaps this explains the ice axe loop. It might instead be a pull for
      this pocket opening.

      ### I think these sentences should be written as one, with the full stop
      changed to be a comma.

      wonder if they will chafe. The are not padded but do

      ### "They are not padded..."

      The sternum strap unfortunately is not well placed to ride above the
      bust, but it is close to being ok. Another inch (2.5 cm) of adjustment
      upwards would have been nice.

      ### One of the other reviewers mentioned that the sternum strap was
      vertically adjustable. Not an edit for this report, but maybe something
      to look for in your future testing..

      I've already used the pack three times while bike riding and on a short
      hike in 90+ F / 32+ C weather.

      ### Wouldn't you use it while bike riding on a short ride, rather than a
      short hike?

      So far, there have been few problems other than I could use a 3 liter
      (3.2 quart) bladder instead of the supplied 2 liter (2.1 quart) size.

      ### I'm not sure whether you mean you _could_ or you could _not_ use a 3
      litre bladder

      I have found the bite valve extremely problematic while biking.

      ### Maybe internationalisation kicking in here, but I would call it
      "cycling"

      -Ability to stay clean and free from undesirable odors or taste

      ### odours