Back and trawling

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 29, 2003
      Hi Folks

      Back, with a vengeance :-) Having enjoyed a weekend of walking, rain, too
      much alcohol (before the extraction) and a medical extraction, I am
      refreshed, ready to devote some constructive time to BGT, putting in my
      fair share of editing (sorry to the editors for leaving to the majority
      these past few weeks) and getting organised to hand over to others while I
      am away on my Bubblegum walk which is in approximately 5 weeks!

      Anyway the point of this is email is to apologise in advance for any
      "Dawnism" as I trawl one hell of a lot of emails!

      Cheers
      Andrew

      reviews and tests on the planet

    • Shane Steinkamp
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 29, 2003
        > Back, with a vengeance :-) Having enjoyed a weekend of
        > walking, rain, too much alcohol (before the extraction)
        > and a medical extraction,

        Would that be a tooth extraction, or did they remove something more
        important?

        > I am refreshed, ready to devote some constructive time to
        > BGT, putting in my fair share of editing (sorry to the
        > editors for leaving to the majority these past few weeks)
        > and getting organised to hand over to others while I
        > am away on my Bubblegum walk which is in approximately 5
        > weeks!

        Groovy. I'll be OOP most of the day tomorrow. I'll be ready to assume
        extra list duties when you go.

        Shane
      • dawnhark
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30, 2003
          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest <apriest@b...>
          wrote:

          > and a medical extraction

          ### What? Did you have to ride on a chopper's skids whilst near death?

          > "Dawnism"

          ### No doubt I am doing that as well. Lol, at first I thought you were
          saying "Darwinism"!

          Dawnest
        • Andrew Priest
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
            At 11:40 AM 01/07/2003, you wrote:
            >--- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest <apriest@b...>
            >wrote:
            >
            > > and a medical extraction
            >

            >### What? Did you have to ride on a chopper's skids whilst near death?

            Nothing that exciting. Had to organise for someone who had injured their
            knee to be picked up and driven out.

            > > "Dawnism"
            >

            >### No doubt I am doing that as well. Lol, at first I thought you were
            >saying "Darwinism"!

            LOL

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
              > >### What? Did you have to ride on a chopper's
              > >skids whilst near death?
              >
              > Nothing that exciting. Had to organise for someone
              > who had injured their knee to be picked up and
              > driven out.

              Ah.... Now I get it...

              To my mind an 'extraction' is when the take something out of your body. Now
              I see that you mean that someone's body was extracted out of the
              wilderness...

              Shane
            • Andrew Priest
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
                At 02:20 AM 02/07/2003, you wrote:
                > > >### What? Did you have to ride on a chopper's
                > > >skids whilst near death?
                > >
                > > Nothing that exciting. Had to organise for someone
                > > who had injured their knee to be picked up and
                > > driven out.
                >
                >Ah.... Now I get it...
                >
                >To my mind an 'extraction' is when the take something out of your body. Now
                >I see that you mean that someone's body was extracted out of the
                >wilderness...

                You got it :-)