Re: Mt Washington Pad Report

  • Gerry Gladu
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
      "Coosa" <coosa@f...> wrote:

      >I have a pad that sounds similar to the Mt Washington Pad that I
      >found at Target or KMart or Walmart, not sure which for about $12

      There's a store in town that sells High Country's Mt. Hood sleeping
      pad for $6.99 (compared to $13.50 at EMS). Compared to that model,
      the MW is pretty cushy. At that price, I grabbed a couple to make sit
      pads, water bottle coozies, insulated mukluk soles, etc.

      They also had High Country non-slip adhesive pads. They're maybe 1.5"
      high friction rubber circles with an adhesive backing (these aren't
      on their web site).

      I plan to try these in my Hennessey as I am still losing the battle
      with using a sleeping pad in my hammock. I put the MW inside a
      sleeping bag cover under my sleeping bag and the whole rig slid near
      perpendicular to the opening making it extremely difficult for me to
      get out.

      Ok, a couple of bedtime snorts of Old Rip 107 might have something to
      do with a discombobulated exit, but it would've been hard to get out
      anyways. :-)

      Gerry