Re: [BackpackGearTest] Mt Washington Pad Report

  • GearTester
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
      If you mean the blue ones, the Mt. Washington appears to me to be much
      firmer..doesn't compress as much....and is much warmer. I had mine out last
      week and it was 25 dg. I was warm.
      Jerry
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
        "Coosa" <coosa@f...> wrote:

        >I have a pad that sounds similar to the Mt Washington Pad that I
        >found at Target or KMart or Walmart, not sure which for about $12

        There's a store in town that sells High Country's Mt. Hood sleeping
        pad for $6.99 (compared to $13.50 at EMS). Compared to that model,
        the MW is pretty cushy. At that price, I grabbed a couple to make sit
        pads, water bottle coozies, insulated mukluk soles, etc.

        They also had High Country non-slip adhesive pads. They're maybe 1.5"
        high friction rubber circles with an adhesive backing (these aren't
        on their web site).

        I plan to try these in my Hennessey as I am still losing the battle
        with using a sleeping pad in my hammock. I put the MW inside a
        sleeping bag cover under my sleeping bag and the whole rig slid near
        perpendicular to the opening making it extremely difficult for me to
        get out.

        Ok, a couple of bedtime snorts of Old Rip 107 might have something to
        do with a discombobulated exit, but it would've been hard to get out
        anyways. :-)

        Gerry