Mt Washington Pad Report

  • Coosa
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
      I have a pad that sounds similar to the Mt Washington Pad that I found at
      Target or KMart or Walmart, not sure which for about $12. Do any of the
      testers have this pad and how does it compare with the Mt Washington at
      double the price?

      Thanks, Coosa
    • GearTester
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
        If you mean the blue ones, the Mt. Washington appears to me to be much
        firmer..doesn't compress as much....and is much warmer. I had mine out last
        week and it was 25 dg. I was warm.
        Jerry
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
          "Coosa" <coosa@f...> wrote:

          >I have a pad that sounds similar to the Mt Washington Pad that I
          >found at Target or KMart or Walmart, not sure which for about $12

          There's a store in town that sells High Country's Mt. Hood sleeping
          pad for $6.99 (compared to $13.50 at EMS). Compared to that model,
          the MW is pretty cushy. At that price, I grabbed a couple to make sit
          pads, water bottle coozies, insulated mukluk soles, etc.

          They also had High Country non-slip adhesive pads. They're maybe 1.5"
          high friction rubber circles with an adhesive backing (these aren't
          on their web site).

          I plan to try these in my Hennessey as I am still losing the battle
          with using a sleeping pad in my hammock. I put the MW inside a
          sleeping bag cover under my sleeping bag and the whole rig slid near
          perpendicular to the opening making it extremely difficult for me to
          get out.

          Ok, a couple of bedtime snorts of Old Rip 107 might have something to
          do with a discombobulated exit, but it would've been hard to get out
          anyways. :-)

          Gerry