Re: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Hennessy Hammock Tester Requirements

  • Tom Hennessy
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 8, 2000
      Gerry I need your shipping information so I can send you your new
      UltraLight!

      Ann
      ----------
      >From: "Gerry Gladu" <gerry.gladu@...>
      >To: BackpackGearTest@egroups.com
      >Subject: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Hennessy Hammock Tester Requirements
      >Date: Mon, Nov 6, 2000, 10:10 AM
      >

      >I've been out of town and missed the initial posting(s) for applying
      >for testing the Hennessy Hammock...
      >
      >I'd like to apply to test the hammock and I agree to adhere to the 3
      >main requirements as well as any additional requirements requested by
      >the manufacturer.
      >
      >Personal info:
      >
      >age: 44
      >gender: male
      >height: 5'10"
      >weight: 195
      >
      >Test strategy:
      >
      >It appears that the testing will occur during the most despicable
      >hiking season in New England - mid-November to mid-December. Weather
      >now is basically raw and damp with cold drizzle/rain, freezing rain
      >or sleet. I'd take winter any day over this.
      >
      >I plan to do my testing near a shelter along the AT or LT somewhere
      >in New England so that I have the option to bail in the event of
      >conditions that the hammock can't handle. Hopefully the weather will
      >be sufficiently nasty and it will be an interesting test.
      >
      >What I plan to use for the test:
      >
      >Only 1, maybe 2 of these pads will go along on the field test, the
      >rest I will mess with at home:
      >
      >1 3/4 length ridge rest
      >1 full length deluxe ridge rest
      >1 3/4 length Therm-a-rest ultra lite
      >1 2" Therm-a-rest LE (my winter pad)
      >
      >1 Intergral Designs 8'x10' sylnylon tarp (in case the fly doesn't
      > cut it and to check it out as a shelter that I can cook/live under
      > as well as sleep under.
      >
      >1 Thermalite emergency blanket
      >1 Thermalite bivy
      >1 Mountain Hardwear Stormlite Bivy
      >
      >Sleeping bag (Only one of these set-ups will go on the field test):
      >
      >Marmot Kestrel GTX (down, 0 F)
      >Western Mountaineering MityLite (down, 40 F) - used with the
      >Thermalite(s)and the Stormlite)

    • Gerry Gladu
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 8, 2000
        "Tom Hennessy" <hennessyhammock@g...> wrote:

        > Gerry I need your shipping information so I can send you your new
        > UltraLight!

        Hmmm.. I sent that almost 3 hours ago. I'll resend it.

        Gerry
      • William 'Buffalo Bill ' Gates
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 20, 2000
          hias!

          i've been reading through all the reports posted to [backpackgeartest]
          on your new ultralight hammock..and i must say they have been so
          positive i'm thinking of purchasing one. could you send me some info/
          URL for prices and ordering? (think i got the specs down by now..)

          thanks alot

          --bg
        • GearTester
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 20, 2000
            Glad you've found it interesting. Try http://www.hennessyhammock.com/ for all you want to know.
            Jerry

            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 20, 2000
              thanks :)

              --bg

              --

              "When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one
              individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command.

              - dave berry

            • Gerry Gladu
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 21, 2000
                "GearTester" <geartester@h...> wrote:

                >Glad you've found it interesting. Try
                >http://www.hennessyhammock.com/ for all you want to know.
                >
                >Jerry

                When you order one, tell 'em Jerry and the gear testers sent ya. :-)