COMMENT: Re: OWNER REVIEW - Black Diamond Moonlight Headlamp

  • dawnhark
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Jones" <tom@j...> wrote:
      > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Bob DeVore <bob@f...> wrote:
      > > Black Diamond Moonlight Headlamp

      > is a rubber gasket between the two halves of the LED housing to
      > prevent water from getting inside.
      >
      > ***COMMENT: Don't think so.

      There is one, on mine anyway. Doesn't keep water out completely, just
      keeps most water out in most conditions. Bob, I did an immersion test
      on mine (Tom made me do it!!) and water did enter the housing, but it
      took some time, only a little got inside, and the lamp kept burning
      anyway. Opened it, let it air-dry, and it has been good as new ever
      since. Love that puppy!

      Tom: Hey, how's the new venture going? Whatcha makin'? Will we hear
      anything about it on BGT?

      Dawn
    • Andrew Priest
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
        At 08:07 AM 31/05/2003, you wrote:
        >Black Diamond Moonlight Headlamp

        G'day

        Thanks Bob for your Owner's Review. Do not worry if nothing happens with
        it for a few days. All our editors are volunteers and your report will be
        subject to an official edit within seven days. If you have not had a
        response from an Edit Moderator via the list within this timeframe, please
        let me know directly at apriest@....

        You may receive edits or comments from other members of the group. These
        edits and comments, while not official, should be considered carefully, and
        if you find them substantial, revise and re-post your review. Incorporating
        member edits and re-posting to the list will usually result in a better
        review, as well as making things easier for the official editor. Please put
        REPOST at the start of your re-post, if you take this route.

        If you are new to the BackpackGearTest.org, welcome to the community! The
        editors will work with you, within their own time constraints, to get your
        first two Owner Reviews approved and upload in a timely manner. Once these
        first two Owner Reviews have been approved you will be eligible to start
        applying for Tests.

        If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask via the
        list or contact me directly.

        Regards
        Andrew Priest
        Chief Edit Moderator

        reviews and tests on the planet

      • Andrew Priest
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
          At 07:43 PM 03/06/2003, you wrote:

          >Andrew, I edited this yesterday but have not heard anything back from Bob.

          Hi James

          Have the OR ahead of this been edited? I only seem to be getting some
          emails from Yahoo!.

          Andrew

          reviews and tests on the planet