Re: New Zippo in the development!

  • Andy Mytys
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2003
      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "barrywohl" <barry@n...>
      wrote:
      > not unlike the flame technology that's being set up for
      > > the next generation of MSR stoves.
      > >

      > Are you talking about the Simmerlite and the Windpro or something
      > else?
      >
      > I used a Svea 123 from 1969 to 1985, a Whisperlite from 1985 to
      1999
      > and a Primus Ti cannister stove since 2000; but I'm thinking about
      > switching to a Windpro or Simmerlite to get better high wind
      > performance, or even back to my 17 year old Whisperlite.

      No - there was a link to a video a while back that showed what the
      flame will look like in upcoming MSR stoves. The company wasn't MSR,
      but someone enquired about buying the technology and the response was
      that it was already "spoken for" by MSR... or something like that.

      Don't remember the details, or the link. It's in the archives over
      in BPL.

      It was WAY COOL though.