[EDIT] OWNER REVIEW - Therm-a-Rest Easy Chair - Lite 20 [Andy Rad]

  • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003
      Andy,
      Thank you for your Owner Review. Some of my comments below are the same as
      they were for the Pack review you did, and I realize I am editing these two
      reports out of sequence. Sorry about that. Below are some suggestions and
      edits for you to include in your review. When you have completed the
      changes you must resubmit it to the mailing list, with the word REPOST in
      the subject line. Once it is approved by a Moderator, you will receive
      instructions on where to upload the html version of the review.

      Thank you. You have done a good job on this review.

      James T.
      BGT Edit Moderator

      =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
      [REQUIRED INFORMATION]
      Please add a Date to your review. Also, from the Survival Guide, you seem
      to be missing the following section:

      Field information
      - Location or locations where the test was conducted
      - Description of location (mountains, elevation, terrain, etc.)
      - Weather conditions (temperature, precipitation, etc.)

      =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
      Other general edits:

      =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
      Measured Weight: 10.2oz (289 gr)
      [EDIT] Space after 10.2.
      [EDIT] gr should just be g (may occur elsewhere too.)

      =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
      mostly 3 day trips with at least a 7 day trip per year.
      [EDIT] Generally this would be 3-day and 7-day.

      =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
      I own a llama that was purchased when my 3rd child was 2, some 10 years
      ago.
      [COMMENT] With all the odd gear names out there, you might want to say
      that this is "a real llama", or instead of saying "I own a llama that was
      purchased" you could say "I have a pet llama, (name), that I bought..."

      =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
      http://www.cascadedesigns.com/thermarest
      [EDIT] The home URL is actually: http://www.cascadedesigns.com

      =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
      The newer all nylon design appears to be more durable,
      [COMMENT] How? Why? What is your justification for saying this?

      =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
      Because their are no lateral stays the chair can be rolled into a 18 in (45
      cm) x 1.5 in (4 cm) diameter roll.
      [EDIT] "their" should be "there"
      [EDIT] Add a comma after "stays"
      [EDIT] I would say "18 x 1.5 in (45 x 4 cm)" and take out the word
      "diameter". If it is a diameter there would only be one dimension.

      =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
      The chair is designed for insertion of a 20 in (50 cm)3/4 length
      [EDIT] Need a space after (50 cm)

      =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
      never-the-less
      [COMMENT] This is also acceptable as "nevertheless".

      =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
      they work effectively with 22 in (56 cm)" full length closed cell pads.
      [EDIT] Extra " floating out there after (56 cm).

      =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
      The stitching on 1 of the unit's rubber/nylon hinge
      [EDIT] 1 should be "one".

      From: "Andy Rad" <andy.rad@h...>
      Date: Tue May 27, 2003 8:02 am
      Subject: Re: OWNER REVIEW -Therm-a-Rest Easy Chair - Lite 20

      Therm-a-Rest Easy Chair - Lite 20 Owner Review
      Owner Report May 26, 2003

      Reviewer Information
      Name: Andy Rad Location: Boise, ID
      <<<snip>>>