[EDIT] OWNER REVIEW - Black Diamond Moonlight Headlamp [Bob DeVore]

  • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003
      Bob! Thank you for your very nicely written Owner Review on the Black
      Diamond Moonlight Headlamp. I have some edits for you to incorporate
      (below) which mostly consist of including English and Metric units, and
      some comma placements. Also, per the Survival Guide, you may want to
      include more detail, or a break-out section, on the following:
      Field information
      - Location or locations where the test was conducted
      - Description of location (mountains, elevation, terrain, etc.)
      - Weather conditions (temperature, precipitation, etc.)

      When you have completed the changes you must resubmit your review to the
      mailing list, with the word REPOST in the subject line. Once it is
      approved by a Moderator, you will receive instructions on where to upload
      the html version of the review.

      Thank you for all your efforts. Well done!

      James T.
      BGT Edit Moderator

      ++++++++++++++++++
      Black Diamond Moonlight Headlamp
      [EDIT] You may want to add "Owner Review by Bob DeVore" in the title.

      ++++++++++++++++++
      Height: 5'6"
      Weight: 170
      [EDIT] Need metric equivalents.

      ++++++++++++++++++
      Product Information
      [EDIT] Add the : "Product Information:"

      ++++++++++++++++++
      Listed weight: 90 grams
      Weight as delivered: 90 grams (without batteries)
      Illumination distance with fresh batteries: 15 meters
      Effective illumination distance: 7-10 meters
      [EDIT] Need US measurements.

      ++++++++++++++++++
      There is a rubber gasket between the two halves of the LED housing to
      prevent water from getting inside.
      [COMMENT] Does it claim to be water "proof", "resistant"? Have you tested
      this?

      ++++++++++++++++++
      The soft elastic hat-strap is ¾ inches wide.
      [EDIT] Need metric.

      ++++++++++++++++++
      Field Information
      [EDIT] Add the : "Field Information:"

      ++++++++++++++++++
      with several extended trips of five to seven days' length during the
      summer.
      [EDIT] days' should just be days.

      ++++++++++++++++++
      in rain, wind and in nighttime temperatures from the high seventies down
      into the twenties.
      [EDIT] Assuming these temps are Fahrenheit you need to add the Celsius
      equivalents (and add the "F" and "C" indicators).

      ++++++++++++++++++
      The headlamp's beam lit the trail ahead adequately for a distance of about
      twenty feet.
      [EDIT] Metric

      ++++++++++++++++++
      While we were able to hike on fire roads and wide flat trials using these
      headlamps I don't feel they provide enough light for a scout to safely hike
      a single-track at night in mountainous terrain.
      [EDIT] I would add a comma after "using these headlamps".

      ++++++++++++++++++
      By it's very nature and role as a backpacking essential the headlamp wants
      be carried in an outer pocket of your pack or somewhere you can get to
      quickly and easily.
      [EDIT] Add a comma as follows "By it's very nature and role as a
      backpacking essential, the..."
      [EDIT] Add the word "to" in "headlamp wants TO be carried...".

      ++++++++++++++++++
      This puts the headlamp in a vulnerable place where damage can and, in my
      case, did occur.
      [EDIT] I would move the commas so it reads "vulnerable place where damage
      can, and in my case did, occur.

      Bob DeVore <bob@...>

      05/30/2003 07:07 PM
      Please respond to BackpackGearTest