BGT.org appears to be down

  • cl_woodlandsprite
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
      Anyone else having problems accessing backpackgeartest.org?

      At 1:55 pm PDT I am recieiving the following while trying to connect:

      Unable to determine IP address from host name for
      www.backpackgeartest.org

      The dnsserver returned:

      Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this query.

      -Any ideas?
      Steph
    • AsABat
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
        Me too. At 2:02 PM PDT:

        "The page cannot be displayed
        The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
        might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
        adjust your browser settings."

        "Cannot find server or DNS Error"

        -Bill
      • Rebecca
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
          Nope, can't get to it either Steph. Can't connect to my
          backpackgeartest.org email either.

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "cl_woodlandsprite"
          <syoong@a...> wrote:
          > Anyone else having problems accessing backpackgeartest.org?
          >
          > At 1:55 pm PDT I am recieiving the following while trying to
          connect:

          > Unable to determine IP address from host name for
          > www.backpackgeartest.org
          >
          > The dnsserver returned:
          >
          > Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this query.
          >
          > -Any ideas?
          > Steph
        • David Anderson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
            From the hosing company's site
            "SERVER THUNDER 10 DOWN - 6-1-03, 11:00pm -This server is currently
            down for a new kick-start as a security breach has been detected. All
            Data seems to be safe at this time however someone installed tools for
            port scanning and other hacking related uses. Your data is being
            transferred to a new server for security reasons with the latest OS to
            cover more vulnerabilities. We hope to have all sites back to normal
            by 12:30am MST. This is only an estimate and in the event of no
            further complications. The new server is already built and online with
            new OS and other updates for security. In addition to that, all
            hardware has been replaced resulting in a further delay. Data is
            already transferring and we hope to have sites intact and live within
            the time frame stated above. Seg. fault errors were still present
            after the first restart and backup of the system and is why this took
            longer then originally estimated. We appreciate your patience and
            understanding, its unfortunate these mischievous people have nothing
            better to do."

            When I first got back from kayaking this afternoon it was saying they
            would be back up by 5:00 mountain time.

            Dave

            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Rebecca" <rebecca@b...> wrote:
            > Nope, can't get to it either Steph. Can't connect to my
            > backpackgeartest.org email either.
            >
            > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "cl_woodlandsprite"
            > <syoong@a...> wrote:
            > > Anyone else having problems accessing backpackgeartest.org?
            > >
            > > At 1:55 pm PDT I am recieiving the following while trying to
            > connect:
            > >

            > > Unable to determine IP address from host name for
            > > www.backpackgeartest.org
            > >
            > > The dnsserver returned:
            > >
            > > Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this query.
            > >
            > > -Any ideas?
            > > Steph
          • Tom Jones
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003
              I think you meant "hosting". Then again, maybe not...

              Tom

              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "David Anderson"
              <danderson@b...> wrote:
              > From the hosing company's site