RE: [BackpackGearTest] Re: New Zippo in the development!

  • J Cornelius
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2003
      No but he can!! 8-)

      -----Original Message-----
      From: redbike64 [mailto:richard.dreher@...]
      Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2003 2:30 PM
      To: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BackpackGearTest] Re: New Zippo in the development!

      Good deal! Did he happen to mention that their regular lighters never
      work above 10,000 feet? ;-)

      --Rick

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "J Cornelius" <dojers@c...>
      wrote:
      > Well, my husband did it. Opened his mouth and made a comment to the
      > president of Zippo and now we have a new Zippo in the making.
      Turns out
      > when he was working around Mr. Booth (the president) they got to
      talking
      > about the new Zippo lighter "A Zippo only longer" which is called
      the
      > Zippo MPL - Multi Purpose Lighter. My husband said, you know, my
      wife
      > is into backpacking and that lighter would be really great if it was
      > lighter. Well, guess what he heard on the radio the other day?
      Zippo
      > will be coming out with a new lighter made for Hikers! Dunno
      anything
      > about the testing mode of their new lighters but it may be
      something to
      > look into.
      >
      > Jodi

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
      066005:HM/A=1564415/R=0/SIG=11t6t7kdo/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mq
      so=60164784&partid=3170658>

      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egrou
      pmail/S=:HM/A=1564415/rand=697611211>

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • Andy Mytys
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2003
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "barrywohl" <barry@n...>
        wrote:
        > not unlike the flame technology that's being set up for
        > > the next generation of MSR stoves.
        > >

        > Are you talking about the Simmerlite and the Windpro or something
        > else?
        >
        > I used a Svea 123 from 1969 to 1985, a Whisperlite from 1985 to
        1999
        > and a Primus Ti cannister stove since 2000; but I'm thinking about
        > switching to a Windpro or Simmerlite to get better high wind
        > performance, or even back to my 17 year old Whisperlite.

        No - there was a link to a video a while back that showed what the
        flame will look like in upcoming MSR stoves. The company wasn't MSR,
        but someone enquired about buying the technology and the response was
        that it was already "spoken for" by MSR... or something like that.

        Don't remember the details, or the link. It's in the archives over
        in BPL.

        It was WAY COOL though.