Re: New Zippo in the development!

  • barrywohl
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2003
      not unlike the flame technology that's being set up for
      > the next generation of MSR stoves.

      Are you talking about the Simmerlite and the Windpro or something
      else?

      I used a Svea 123 from 1969 to 1985, a Whisperlite from 1985 to 1999
      and a Primus Ti cannister stove since 2000; but I'm thinking about
      switching to a Windpro or Simmerlite to get better high wind
      performance, or even back to my 17 year old Whisperlite.
    • redbike64
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2003
        Good deal! Did he happen to mention that their regular lighters never
        work above 10,000 feet? ;-)

        --Rick

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "J Cornelius" <dojers@c...>
        wrote:
        > Well, my husband did it. Opened his mouth and made a comment to the
        > president of Zippo and now we have a new Zippo in the making.
        Turns out
        > when he was working around Mr. Booth (the president) they got to
        talking
        > about the new Zippo lighter "A Zippo only longer" which is called
        the
        > Zippo MPL - Multi Purpose Lighter. My husband said, you know, my
        wife
        > is into backpacking and that lighter would be really great if it was
        > lighter. Well, guess what he heard on the radio the other day?
        Zippo
        > will be coming out with a new lighter made for Hikers! Dunno
        anything
        > about the testing mode of their new lighters but it may be
        something to
        > look into.
        >
        > Jodi

      • J Cornelius
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 1, 2003
          No but he can!! 8-)

          wrote:
          > Well, my husband did it. Opened his mouth and made a comment to the
          > president of Zippo and now we have a new Zippo in the making.
          Turns out
          > when he was working around Mr. Booth (the president) they got to
          talking
          > about the new Zippo lighter "A Zippo only longer" which is called
          the
          > Zippo MPL - Multi Purpose Lighter. My husband said, you know, my
          wife
          > is into backpacking and that lighter would be really great if it was
          > lighter. Well, guess what he heard on the radio the other day?
          Zippo
          > will be coming out with a new lighter made for Hikers! Dunno
          anything
          > about the testing mode of their new lighters but it may be
          something to
          > look into.
          >
          > Jodi

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
          066005:HM/A=1564415/R=0/SIG=11t6t7kdo/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mq
          so=60164784&partid=3170658>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egrou
          pmail/S=:HM/A=1564415/rand=697611211>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Andy Mytys
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 2, 2003
            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "barrywohl" <barry@n...>
            wrote:
            > not unlike the flame technology that's being set up for
            > > the next generation of MSR stoves.
            > >

            > Are you talking about the Simmerlite and the Windpro or something
            > else?
            >
            > I used a Svea 123 from 1969 to 1985, a Whisperlite from 1985 to
            1999
            > and a Primus Ti cannister stove since 2000; but I'm thinking about
            > switching to a Windpro or Simmerlite to get better high wind
            > performance, or even back to my 17 year old Whisperlite.

            No - there was a link to a video a while back that showed what the
            flame will look like in upcoming MSR stoves. The company wasn't MSR,
            but someone enquired about buying the technology and the response was
            that it was already "spoken for" by MSR... or something like that.

            Don't remember the details, or the link. It's in the archives over
            in BPL.

            It was WAY COOL though.