Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Owner Review Question

Expand Messages
  • Bob Wardecker
    I posted an Owner Review and have not heard anything yet. I was thinking because of the weekend that it had not been gotten around to as of yet. My question is
    Message 1 of 12 , May 18, 2003
    • 0 Attachment
      I posted an Owner Review and have not heard anything yet. I was thinking because of the weekend that it had not been gotten around to as of yet. My question is if this is not the case and it happened to drop thru the cracks if I should repost.
      Bob Wardecker
      ShakeyLeggs
      Ga>Dam 01
      Ga>Me ??
      A Bad Day On The Trail Is Still So Much Better Than A Great Day At Work !!


      ---
      Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
      Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
      Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release Date: 5/13/2003


      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Graham Blamey
      ... thinking because of the weekend that it had not been gotten around to as of yet. My question is if this is not the case and it happened to drop thru the
      Message 2 of 12 , May 18, 2003
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Wardecker"
        <atbackpackr@e...> wrote:
        > I posted an Owner Review and have not heard anything yet. I was
        thinking because of the weekend that it had not been gotten around to
        as of yet. My question is if this is not the case and it happened to
        drop thru the cracks if I should repost.
        > Bob Wardecker
        > ShakeyLeggs

        No cracks here young ShakyLeggs, you must'v blinked and missed
        message 31233
        Graham
        BGT Edit Moderator
        (but I should advise you that as all our Edit Moderators are
        volunteers and we sometimes like to get out in TGO ourselves, you
        should allow at least five days before posting a reminder ;)
      • Chuck Carnes
        Can we do ORs on MP3 players or IPODs? I use one everytime I hike and have been for a couple of years. I know that MP3 players are becoming used more on hiking
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 11 10:02 AM
        • 0 Attachment
          Can we do ORs on MP3 players or IPODs? I use one
          everytime I hike and have been for a couple of years.
          I know that MP3 players are becoming used more on
          hiking and backpacking trips. Just curious.


          Chuck Carnes



          __________________________________
          Do you Yahoo!?
          Yahoo! Mail - Easier than ever with enhanced search. Learn more.
          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        • Andrew Priest
          ... Hi Chuck I suspect no. It is not a backpacking item or related to backpacking. There would be more appropriate places to do a review for such an item.
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 12 1:37 AM
          • 0 Attachment
            At 02:02 AM 12/03/2005, you wrote:
            >Can we do ORs on MP3 players or IPODs? I use one
            >everytime I hike and have been for a couple of years.
            >I know that MP3 players are becoming used more on
            >hiking and backpacking trips. Just curious.

            Hi Chuck

            I suspect no. It is not a backpacking item or related to backpacking. There
            would be more appropriate places to do a review for such an item.

            Andrew


            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          • Tom Jones
            ... backpacking. There would be more appropriate places to do a review for such an item. ... Hey, what side of the planet do you live on? ;-P Ha ha! They
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 12 2:51 PM
            • 0 Attachment
              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest
              <apriest@b...> wrote:
              > At 02:02 AM 12/03/2005, you wrote:
              > >Can we do ORs on MP3 players or IPODs? I use one
              > >everytime I hike and have been for a couple of years.
              > >I know that MP3 players are becoming used more on
              > >hiking and backpacking trips. Just curious.
              >
              > Hi Chuck
              >
              > I suspect no. It is not a backpacking item or related to
              backpacking. There would be more appropriate places to do a review
              for such an item.
              >
              > Andrew
              >
              Hey, what side of the planet do you live on? ;-P Ha ha!

              They definitely seem to be a backpacking item on this side - similar
              to cameras. People are looking for an Ipod or MP3 player suitable
              for backpacking, and hints on how to use it effectively. Seems like
              it is within our range.

              Tom
            • Jennifer
              I d also be interested if anyone uses an IPod (or other mp3 player?) to store digital photos. I know this is an option on for IPods. Although with the price
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 12 3:14 PM
              • 0 Attachment
                I'd also be interested if anyone uses an IPod (or other mp3 player?)
                to store digital photos. I know this is an option on for IPods.
                Although with the price of large flash cards coming down every day
                this is become less of an issue.

                Jennifer

                --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Jones" <ratagoni@x>
                wrote:
                >
                > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest
                > <apriest@b...> wrote:
                > > At 02:02 AM 12/03/2005, you wrote:
                > > >Can we do ORs on MP3 players or IPODs? I use one
                > > >everytime I hike and have been for a couple of years.
                > > >I know that MP3 players are becoming used more on
                > > >hiking and backpacking trips. Just curious.
                > >
                > > Hi Chuck
                > >
                > > I suspect no. It is not a backpacking item or related to
                > backpacking. There would be more appropriate places to do a review
                > for such an item.
                > >
                > > Andrew
                > >
                > Hey, what side of the planet do you live on? ;-P Ha ha!
                >
                > They definitely seem to be a backpacking item on this side -
                similar
                > to cameras. People are looking for an Ipod or MP3 player suitable
                > for backpacking, and hints on how to use it effectively. Seems
                like
                > it is within our range.
                >
                > Tom
              • Andrew Priest
                ... You will be pleased, Tom and Jennifer and Chuck, to know that the oracle has deemed them okay and thus overriding me (see it happens - whilst I cringe :-)
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 12 5:03 PM
                • 0 Attachment
                  At 06:51 AM 13/03/2005, you wrote:

                  > >
                  >Hey, what side of the planet do you live on? ;-P Ha ha!

                  :-) Note that I said "suspect." :-)

                  You will be pleased, Tom and Jennifer and Chuck, to know that the oracle
                  has deemed them okay and thus overriding me (see it happens - whilst I
                  cringe :-) - ahh the sounds of the silence) as long as the review has a
                  very clear backpacking focus. Like we expect for cameras. That said we
                  discourage these as qualifying Owner Reviews. Qualifying Owner Reviews
                  should be on "real" backpacking gear.

                  Hope this pleases at least some of us :-)

                  Regards
                  Andrew


                  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                • Brian
                  I read an article (wont say where LOL) that said the Ipods are having some issues at high altitude and they cant seem to say why. Some do some dont. High
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 13 2:34 PM
                  • 0 Attachment
                    I read an article (wont say where LOL) that said the Ipods are having
                    some issues at high altitude and they cant seem to say why. Some do
                    some dont. High Altitude being Mt Everest also so I think they
                    majority of ya'll are save.

                    Brian

                    >
                    > They definitely seem to be a backpacking item on this side - similar
                    > to cameras. People are looking for an Ipod or MP3 player suitable
                    > for backpacking, and hints on how to use it effectively. >
                  • Chuck Carnes
                    Good enough. Thanks for the answer. ... Chuck Carnes __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 14 5:12 AM
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Good enough. Thanks for the answer.

                      --- Andrew Priest <apriest@...>
                      wrote:
                      > At 02:02 AM 12/03/2005, you wrote:
                      > >Can we do ORs on MP3 players or IPODs? I use one
                      > >everytime I hike and have been for a couple of
                      > years.
                      > >I know that MP3 players are becoming used more on
                      > >hiking and backpacking trips. Just curious.
                      >
                      > Hi Chuck
                      >
                      > I suspect no. It is not a backpacking item or
                      > related to backpacking. There
                      > would be more appropriate places to do a review for
                      > such an item.
                      >
                      > Andrew
                      >
                      >
                      > [Non-text portions of this message have been
                      > removed]
                      >
                      >

                      Chuck Carnes



                      __________________________________
                      Do you Yahoo!?
                      Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
                      http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/
                    • Chuck Carnes
                      Good! Disreguard the last e-mail. I will do one here soon on my Ipod. ... Chuck Carnes __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Small Business
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 14 5:15 AM
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Good!
                        Disreguard the last e-mail. I will do one here soon on
                        my Ipod.

                        --- Andrew Priest <apriest@...>
                        wrote:
                        > At 06:51 AM 13/03/2005, you wrote:
                        >
                        > > >
                        > >Hey, what side of the planet do you live on? ;-P
                        > Ha ha!
                        >
                        > :-) Note that I said "suspect." :-)
                        >
                        > You will be pleased, Tom and Jennifer and Chuck, to
                        > know that the oracle
                        > has deemed them okay and thus overriding me (see it
                        > happens - whilst I
                        > cringe :-) - ahh the sounds of the silence) as long
                        > as the review has a
                        > very clear backpacking focus. Like we expect for
                        > cameras. That said we
                        > discourage these as qualifying Owner Reviews.
                        > Qualifying Owner Reviews
                        > should be on "real" backpacking gear.
                        >
                        > Hope this pleases at least some of us :-)
                        >
                        > Regards
                        > Andrew
                        >
                        >
                        > [Non-text portions of this message have been
                        > removed]
                        >
                        >

                        Chuck Carnes



                        __________________________________
                        Do you Yahoo!?
                        Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
                        http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/
                      • JimSabis@aol.com
                        In a message dated 3/14/2005 10:30:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, tannehillclan@gmail.com writes: I read an article (wont say where LOL) that said the Ipods are
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 14 7:32 PM
                        • 0 Attachment
                          In a message dated 3/14/2005 10:30:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                          tannehillclan@... writes:
                          I read an article (wont say where LOL) that said the Ipods are having
                          some issues at high altitude and they cant seem to say why. Some do
                          some dont. High Altitude being Mt Everest also so I think they
                          majority of ya'll are save.

                          Brian
                          ######

                          Yup. Apparently the hard drive electronics are susceptable the the effects of
                          high altitude. Compactflash players are not affected, however.

                          Most of us won't have to worry about this one!

                          Jim S.


                          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                        • stuartje@ymail.com
                          Hi,
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 3, 2009
                          • 0 Attachment
                            Hi,
                            >
                            >
                            > I joined this site yesterday and was reading through all the information about how to become a gear tester and how to write a successful owner review. In that literature, it noted that whatever you review, it should be something that is still being made, and is not more than two years old. I have a Marmot Helium 15 degree down bag that I've used in various conditions and was contemplating reviewing it. My question is, I will have had said bag for two years at the end of this month. However, this bag is still being made.
                            >
                            > Is this bag an acceptable item to review?
                            >
                            >
                            > Alternatively, I suppose I could hurry up and write the review this month and it wouldn't be a problem as I wouldn't have owned the bag for two years yet???
                          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.