Snow in them thar hills

  • David_Troeger@dell.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2000
      Talk about an acid test! They've built windmill farms for generating
      electricity near the Guadalupes due to the consistently stout (80-100mph in
      winter) winds. If snow happened to be in the mix (nothing's for sure), it'd
      would be quite a test environment for the Hennessey.

      TT

      If you come in > from the Dog Canyon side (I know...A LOT longer from the
      Texas side) it is a easy,
      > beautiful hike from a beautiful, little used campground. Or, if you're
      feelin' macho you > can come up the Pine Springs Trail or the Bear Something
      Trail. I can't remember the
      > name of the one by Mckittrick (sp.?) canyon but it really is a BEAR...lol.
      Been awhile