Re: [BackpackGearTest] Hennessey Test

  • David Spellman
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2000
      I've got another thing to test in the Hammock (assuming I get one to
      test) -- I found a manufacturer who makes an insulating material that
      couples two layers of a very strong bubble-pack type material with a
      silvered radiant-heat barrier on both sides. The stuff is available in
      16, 24, 48 and 72" widths and normally comes on rolls of around 125
      feet.
      It's not expensive -- about 84 cents a square foot in small quantities
      -- and he thinks it will support me in the hammock as insulation, while
      still curving to the contours of the hammock. So I'm going to get a 4' x
      8' hunk of it and see what I can do with it.

      david