MONITOR REPORT: Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash & Collar

  • Dennis Shubitowski
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 2, 2003
      This is the weekly monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash &
      Collar as required by the Guide.

      All testers have reported receiving their product:

      Chris Parton
      Cory Lampert
      David Troeger
      Leesa Joiner
      John Corrigan

      All initial reports have been submitted and edited. Everyone has
      uploaded their report to the main website sans David who I expect will
      do so shortly. Thanks testers for making my job easy!

      These fine reports may be read here:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Animal%20Companion%20Gear/Animal%20Leashes%20and%20Collars/Ruff%20Wear%20Quickdraw%20Leash%20and%20Collar/

      http://tinyurl.com/8o2p

      The Field Report for this test is due 5/20/2003, and the Long Term
      Report is due 9/23/2003.

      Sincerely,
      Dennis Shubitowski
      Ruff Wear Monitor
    • Andrew Priest
      Message 2 of 28 , Apr 2, 2003
        At 11:13 PM 02/04/2003, you wrote:
        >This is the weekly monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash &
        >Collar as required by the Guide.
        >
        >All testers have reported receiving their product:
        >
        >Chris Parton
        >Cory Lampert
        >David Troeger
        >Leesa Joiner
        >John Corrigan
        >
        >All initial reports have been submitted and edited. Everyone has
        >uploaded their report to the main website sans David who I expect will
        >do so shortly. Thanks testers for making my job easy!

        Hi Dennis

        Can you remind me next week, when David has his report uploaded. Once it is
        up, I can let the manufacturer know.

        Andrew

        reviews and tests on the planet

      • Dennis Shubitowski
        Message 3 of 28 , Apr 9, 2003
          This is the weekly monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash &
          Collar as required by the Guide.

          All testers have reported receiving their product:

          Chris Parton
          Done with Initial Report - Submitted, edited, and uploaded.

          Cory Lampert
          Done with Initial Report - Submitted, edited, and uploaded.

          David Troeger
          Awaiting final revision to initial report as discussed via e-mail
          4/8/2003. The old report needs to be deleted and new report uploaded.

          Leesa Joiner
          Done with Initial Report - Submitted, edited, and uploaded.

          John (Jack) Corrigan
          Done with Initial Report - Submitted, edited, and uploaded.

          These fine reports may be read here:
          http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Animal%20Companion%20Gear/Animal%20Leashes%20and%20Collars/Ruff%20Wear%20Quickdraw%20Leash%20and%20Collar/

          http://tinyurl.com/8o2p

          The Field Report for this test is due 5/20/2003, and the Long Term
          Report is due 9/23/2003.

          MONITOR NOTES: I will be out of pocket until April 14, 2003. Horsey
          stuff.

          For some reason, I keep hearing Beavis saying, "Walking the dog,
          walking the dog..." ;)

          Sincerely,
          Dennis Shubitowski
          Ruff Wear Monitor
        • Andrew Priest
          Message 4 of 28 , Apr 9, 2003
            At 10:03 PM 09/04/2003, you wrote:
            >This is the weekly monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash &
            >Collar as required by the Guide.

            Thanks Dennis.

            >David Troeger
            >Awaiting final revision to initial report as discussed via e-mail
            >4/8/2003. The old report needs to be deleted and new report uploaded.

            Dennis, can you please follow this up with David (cc to me) on your return,
            as this is the only thing now holding up notifying the manufacturer.

            Andrew
            Chief Edit Moderator

            Message 5 of 28 , Apr 16, 2003
              This is the weekly monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash &
              Collar as required by the Guide.

              I would like to publically apologize to David for missing a required
              element in his initial report and causing him some consternation. This
              is my first tour of duty for monitoring and I will hasten to be more
              alert.

              All testers have reported receiving their product:

              Chris Parton
              Done with Initial Report - Submitted, edited, and uploaded.

              Cory Lampert
              Done with Initial Report - Submitted, edited, and uploaded.

              David Troeger
              Awaiting final revision to initial report as discussed via e-mail.
              David has been in contact, his old report has been deleted, and his new
              report should be uploaded very soon.

              Leesa Joiner
              Done with Initial Report - Submitted, edited, and uploaded.

              John (Jack) Corrigan
              Done with Initial Report - Submitted, edited, and uploaded.

              Due Dates:

              Message 6 of 28 , Apr 23, 2003
                April 23, 2003

                This is the weekly monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash &
                Collar as required by the Guide.

                These are the testers:

                Chris Parton
                Done with Initial Report - Submitted, edited, and uploaded.

                Cory Lampert
                Done with Initial Report - Submitted, edited, and uploaded.

                David Troeger
                David has re-uploaded his report with the modifications that the
                moderators originally requested on April 17, 2003. Stephanie has
                indicated (4/21/2003) that the incorrect radio button was checked on
                this upload, and she would like to see a date, date of manufacture, and
                a title to the report per the Guide requirements. I have forwarded this
                information request to David via personal e-mail April 21, 2003 as well
                as the list notifications.

                Leesa Joiner
                Done with Initial Report - Submitted, edited, and uploaded.

                Jack Corrigan
                Done with Initial Report - Submitted, edited, and uploaded.

                Due Dates:
                The Field Report for this test is due 5/20/2003, and the Long Term
                Report is due 9/23/2003.

                Monitor Notes:
                I will be OOP when the Field Reports are due. I plan to be back in town
                Around May 22, 2003, but the reports may not be edited by me until after
                that holiday weekend (4/27/2003).

                The reports may be read here:

                Message 7 of 28 , Apr 25, 2003
                  At 12:08 AM 24/04/2003, you wrote:

                  >Monitor Notes:
                  >I will be OOP when the Field Reports are due. I plan to be back in town
                  >Around May 22, 2003, but the reports may not be edited by me until after
                  >that holiday weekend (4/27/2003).

                  Hi Dennis

                  Can you please post an OOP heads-up just before you go? That way I might
                  remember :-)

                  Message 8 of 28 , Apr 30, 2003
                    April 30, 2003

                    This is the weekly monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash & Collar as required by the Guide.

                    These are the testers:

                    Chris Parton
                    Cory Lampert
                    David Troeger
                    Leesa Joiner
                    Jack Corrigan

                    All the initial reports are finished and uploaded - thanks testers!

                    Due Dates:
                    The Field Report for this test is due 5/20/2003, and the Long Term Report is due 9/23/2003.

                    Monitor Notes:
                    I will be OOP when the Field Reports are due. I plan to be back in town Around May 22, 2003, but the reports may not be edited by me until after that US holiday weekend (5/27/2003).

                    The reports may be read here:

                    Message 9 of 28 , May 7, 2003
                      May 7, 2003

                      This is the weekly monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash &
                      Collar as required by the Guide. Nothing has changed since the last
                      report.

                        Message 11 of 28 , May 14, 2003
                          At 09:52 PM 14/05/2003, you wrote:
                          >May 14, 2003
                          >
                          >Monitor Notes:
                          >I will be OOP when the Field Reports are due. I plan to be back in town
                          >Around May 22, 2003, but the reports may not be edited by me until after
                          >that US holiday weekend (5/27/2003).

                          Hi Dennis

                          Not a problem; have a good time OOP. Subject to normal time constraints, I
                          will try and pick-up the editing of the reports if they come in while you
                          are away.

                          Regards

                          Message 12 of 28 , May 28, 2003
                            May 28, 2003

                            This is the weekly monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash & Collar as required by the Guide.

                            These are the testers:

                            Chris Parton
                            Cory Lampert
                            David Troeger
                            Leesa Joiner
                            Jack Corrigan

                            All the Initial Reports are finished and uploaded.

                            The due date for the Field Report was May 20, 2003.
                            All Field Reports have been submitted and edited (thanks again to the moderators who helped out in my abscence!). David Troeger will need to upload his Field Report to the server, but since I just edited it today I expect that will be done shortly. When that is done, the Field Report section will be concluded.

                            Due Dates:
                            The Long Term Report is due September 23, 2003.

                            Monitor Notes:
                            As soon as the Field Reports are wrapped up, this report will switch to monthly reporting until the Long Term report draws closer. Good job testers!

                            The reports may be read here:

                            Message 13 of 28 , Aug 27, 2003
                              August 27, 2003

                              The Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash & Collar test series is now back to weekly reporting until the test is concluded.

                              These are the testers:
                              Chris Parton
                              Cory Lampert
                              David Troeger
                              Leesa Joiner
                              Jack Corrigan

                              All the Initial Reports are finished and uploaded.
                              All the Field Reports are finished and uploaded.

                              David Troeger needs to fix a non-clickable link in his report and re-upload his Field Report. He has been OOP and/or has not responded to e-mails. He had been having e-mail issues as he switched providers. It is presumed he will fix the field report when the Long-Term Report is near due and he is back in contact.

                              Both Cory and Chris had equipment issues that I believe were resolved with Ruff Wear. If they weren't, I'm sure they would have let us know.

                              Message 14 of 28 , Sep 3, 2003
                                September 3, 2003

                                This is the weekly monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash & Collar test series.

                                These are the testers:
                                Chris Parton
                                Cory Lampert
                                David Troeger
                                Leesa Joiner
                                Jack Corrigan

                                All the Initial Reports are finished and uploaded.
                                All the Field Reports are finished and uploaded.

                                David Troeger needs to fix a non-clickable link in his report and re-upload his Field Report. I have been in e-mail contact with him and he will fix the field report likely around the time the LTR is due.

                                Both Cory and Chris had equipment issues that I believe were resolved with Ruff Wear. If they weren't, I'm sure they would have let us know.

                                Due Dates:
                                The Long-Term Report is due September 23, 2003 - that is 18 days to go testers!

                                Message 15 of 28 , Sep 10, 2003
                                  September 10, 2003

                                  This is the weekly monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash & Collar test series.

                                  These are the testers:
                                  Chris Parton
                                  Cory Lampert
                                  David Troeger
                                  Leesa Joiner
                                  Jack Corrigan

                                  All the Initial Reports are finished and uploaded.
                                  All the Field Reports are finished and uploaded.

                                  Notes:
                                  David Troeger needs to fix a non-clickable link in his report and re-upload his Field Report. I have been in e-mail contact with him and he will fix the field report likely around the time the LTR is due.

                                  Due Dates:
                                  The Long-Term Report is due September 23, 2003 - that is **13 days** to go testers - get crackin'! Since we are within 2 weeks, your reports may be submitted at any time until the due date.

                                  These fine reports may be read here:
                                  http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Animal%20Companion%20Gear/Animal%20Leashes%20and%20Collars/Ruff%20Wear%20Quickdraw%20Leash%20and%20Collar/

                                  http://tinyurl.com/8o2p

                                  Walking the Dog,
                                  Dennis Shubitowski
                                  Ruff Wear Monitor
                                • Dennis Shubitowski
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Sep 17, 2003
                                    September 17, 2003

                                    This is the weekly monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash & Collar test series. Nothing has changed since the last report.

                                    The Long-Term Report is due September 23, 2003 - that is ****6 days**** to go testers - get crackin'! Since we are within 2 weeks, your reports may be submitted at any time until the due date.

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Sep 24, 2003
                                      September 24, 2003

                                      This is the weekly monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash & Collar test series.

                                      We are now **PAST** the due date for the Long-Term Report. Please submit your reports ASAP.

                                      These are the testers:

                                      Chris Parton - Waiting on Long-Term Report submission.
                                      Cory Lampert - Long-Term Report submitted (9/18), edited (9/19), and uploaded (9/20). :)
                                      David Troeger - Long-Term Report submitted (9/23) and edited (9/24). Waiting on upload. :)
                                      Leesa Joiner - Waiting on Long-Term Report submission. In e-mail contact and promised the report today.
                                      Jack Corrigan - Waiting on Long-Term Report submission.

                                      All the Initial Reports are finished and uploaded.
                                      All the Field Reports are finished* and uploaded.

                                      *Other Notes:
                                      David Troeger needs to fix a non-clickable link in his report and re-upload his Field Report. A moderator will need to delete his Field Report (but probably should save it just in case) so he may upload both reports (the fixed FR and new LTR) when ready.

                                      Due Dates:
                                      The Long-Term Report was due testerday, September 23, 2003.

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Sep 24, 2003
                                        Oops - need to make a clarification here. I forgot that Jack is without power and had requested an extension until the end of the month. Don't stick the Goons on him!! Leesa just submitted her report (thanks Leesa!). I'll edit those appropriate changes in the report reply below.

                                        My apologies for being off the ball -
                                        Dennis

                                        AMENDED REPORT BELOW:

                                        >>> shubitow@... 09/24/03 11:19AM >>>
                                        September 24, 2003

                                        This is the weekly monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash & Collar test series.

                                        We are now **PAST** the due date for the Long-Term Report. Please submit your reports ASAP.

                                        These are the testers:

                                        Chris Parton - Waiting on Long-Term Report submission.
                                        Cory Lampert - Long-Term Report submitted (9/18), edited (9/19), and uploaded (9/20). :)
                                        David Troeger - Long-Term Report submitted (9/23) and edited (9/24). Waiting on upload. :)
                                        Leesa Joiner - Long-Term report submitted (9/24). Awaiting edit and upload.
                                        Jack Corrigan - Extension granted until end of month (no power thanks to hurricane Isabelle).

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Oct 1, 2003
                                          October 1, 2003

                                          This is the weekly monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash & Collar test series.

                                          The final due date for this test series was September 23, 2003. We are obviously past due.
                                          All testers except Chris Parton have finished the test series. I received e-mail from Chris indicating he is in the middle of a cross-country move and will submit his report as soon as is reasonably possible.

                                          These are the testers:

                                          Chris Parton - Waiting on Long-Term Report submission. Temporary extension granted due to cross-continent move.
                                          Cory Lampert - Long-Term Report submitted (9/18), edited (9/19), and uploaded (9/20)
                                          David Troeger - Long-Term Report submitted (9/23), edited (9/24), and uploaded (9/25)
                                          Leesa Joiner - Long-Term Report submitted (9/24), edited (9/24), and uploaded (9/24)
                                          Jack Corrigan - Long-Term Report submitted (9/25), edited (9/25), and uploaded (9/25)

                                          All the Initial Reports are finished and uploaded.
                                          All the Field Reports are finished and uploaded.

                                          Other Notes:
                                          David Troeger has fixed all of his reports and is finished with the test series (and BGT).

                                          Due Dates:
                                          The Long-Term Report were due September 23, 2003.

                                          These fine reports may be read here:
                                          http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Animal%20Companion%20Gear/Animal%20Leashes%20and%20Collars/Ruff%20Wear%20Quickdraw%20Leash%20and%20Collar/

                                          http://tinyurl.com/8o2p

                                          Walking the Dog,
                                          Dennis Shubitowski
                                          Ruff Wear Monitor
                                        • Shane Steinkamp
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Oct 1, 2003
                                            > Chris Parton - Waiting on Long-Term Report submission.
                                            > Temporary extension granted due to cross-continent move.

                                            Thanks, Dennis.

                                            Please stick with weekly reporting until we get this cleared up.

                                            Shane
                                            Acting List Moderator
                                          • Dennis Shubitowski
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Oct 15, 2003
                                              October 15, 2003

                                              Just when you thought we were all done....
                                              This is the weekly monitor report after the final report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash & Collar test series. ;)

                                              The final due date for this test series was September 23, 2003. We are obviously past due.

                                              These are the testers:

                                              Chris Parton - Long-Term Report submitted (10/15), edited (10/15), and awaiting upload.
                                              Cory Lampert - Long-Term Report submitted (9/18), edited (9/19), and uploaded (9/20)
                                              David Troeger - Long-Term Report submitted (9/23), edited (9/24), and uploaded (9/25)
                                              Leesa Joiner - Long-Term Report submitted (9/24), edited (9/24), and uploaded (9/24)
                                              Jack Corrigan - Long-Term Report submitted (9/25), edited (9/25), and uploaded (9/25)

                                              All the Initial Reports are finished and uploaded.
                                              All the Field Reports are finished and uploaded.

                                              Due Dates:
                                              The Long-Term Report was due September 23, 2003.

                                              Message 22 of 28 , Oct 15, 2003
                                                TEST CALLS CURRENTLY OPEN
                                                =========================

                                                Outdoor Research - Lobster Claw Rain Mitts
                                                ...APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
                                                ...Bob (Robert) W. Wilborn, D.C.
                                                ...Andy (Andrew) Mytys
                                                ...Chuck Kime
                                                ...Evan Cornell
                                                ...Andrew Claus
                                                ...George Griffin
                                                ...Karin Claus

                                                Outdoor Research - WS Gripper Gloves
                                                ...APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
                                                ...Bob (Robert) W. Wilborn, D.C.
                                                ...Andy (Andrew) Mytys
                                                ...Chuck Kime
                                                ...Bob Farrell
                                                ...Evan Cornell
                                                ...Andrew Claus
                                                ...George Griffin

                                                Outdoor Research - Rocky Mountain High Packcloth
                                                Gaiters
                                                ...APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
                                                ...Leesa Joiner
                                                ...Chuck Kime
                                                ...Evan Cornell
                                                ...Brian Atkins
                                                ...Roger Caffin

                                                Outdoor Research - HydroLite Stuff Sacks
                                                ...APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
                                                ...Michael Lissner

                                                Psolar Inc - New Balaclavas
                                                ...APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
                                                ...Jodi Cornelius
                                                ...Thomas Peltier II
                                                ...Louis (Kiatikun) Luangkesorn
                                                ...David Sowards-Emmerd
                                                ...Rick Allnutt III
                                                ...Carol Crooker
                                                ...Steve Nelson

                                                Schrade Knives - SS1 Knife
                                                ...APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
                                                ...Chuck Kime
                                                ...Bill Baldwin

                                                Seychelle - Sports Bottle
                                                ...APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
                                                ...Jodi Cornelius
                                                ...Bob (Robert) W. Wilborn, D.C.
                                                ...Chuck Kime
                                                ...Rick Allnutt III
                                                ...Joshua Dunning
                                                ...Karin Claus

                                                If you have any questions, or find any errors, please
                                                do not hesitate to contact me.

                                                Regards,

                                                Shane Steinkamp
                                                shane@...
                                                Acting Documentation Moderator
                                              • Andrew Priest
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Oct 15, 2003
                                                  At 11:03 AM 16/10/2003, you wrote:
                                                  >TEST CALLS CURRENTLY OPEN
                                                  >=========================
                                                  >

                                                  >Outdoor Research - Rocky Mountain High Packcloth
                                                  >Gaiters
                                                  >...APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
                                                  >...Leesa Joiner
                                                  >...Chuck Kime
                                                  >...Evan Cornell
                                                  >...Brian Atkins
                                                  >...Roger Caffin

                                                  Hi Shane

                                                  My name should be on that list, assuming the application was received.

                                                  Andrew

                                                  reviews and tests on the planet

                                                • Shane
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Oct 16, 2003
                                                    > >Outdoor Research - Rocky Mountain High Packcloth
                                                    > >Gaiters

                                                    > My name should be on that list, assuming the application was
                                                    > received.

                                                    Yep. Sorry about that. It has been corrected.

                                                    Shane
                                                  • Andrew Priest
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Oct 16, 2003
                                                      At 02:02 AM 17/10/2003, you wrote:
                                                      > > >Outdoor Research - Rocky Mountain High Packcloth
                                                      > > >Gaiters
                                                      >
                                                      > > My name should be on that list, assuming the application was
                                                      > > received.
                                                      >
                                                      >Yep. Sorry about that. It has been corrected.

                                                      Thankyou kind sir.

                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Oct 24, 2003
                                                        October 24, 2003

                                                        Just when you thought we were all done.... we really are!
                                                        This is the final monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash & Collar test series!

                                                        The final due date for this test series was September 23, 2003.

                                                        These are the testers:

                                                        Chris Parton - Long-Term Report submitted (10/15), edited (10/15), and uploaded (10/23)
                                                        Cory Lampert - Long-Term Report submitted (9/18), edited (9/19), and uploaded (9/20)
                                                        David Troeger - Long-Term Report submitted (9/23), edited (9/24), and uploaded (9/25)
                                                        Leesa Joiner - Long-Term Report submitted (9/24), edited (9/24), and uploaded (9/24)
                                                        Jack Corrigan - Long-Term Report submitted (9/25), edited (9/25), and uploaded (9/25)

                                                        All the Initial Reports are finished and uploaded.
                                                        All the Field Reports are finished and uploaded.
                                                        All the Long-Term Reports and finished and uploaded.

                                                        This test series is done - thanks testers!

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Oct 24, 2003
                                                          The Alosak testers will be notified this weekend, and possibly even today.
                                                          The Psolar test call will close Monday. The Schrade call will close as soon
                                                          as I have enough applicants.

                                                          Shane

                                                          TEST CALLS CURRENTLY OPEN
                                                          =========================

                                                          McNett Corporation - Auqamira
                                                          ...NO APPLICANTS

                                                          Psolar Inc - New Balaclavas
                                                          ...APPLICATIONS RECIEVED
                                                          ...Jodi Cornelius
                                                          ...Thomas Peltier II
                                                          ...Louis (Kiatikun) Luangkesorn
                                                          ...David Sowards-Emmerd
                                                          ...Rick Allnutt III
                                                          ...Carol Crooker
                                                          ...Steve Nelson

                                                          Schrade Knives - SS1 Knife
                                                          ...APPLICATIONS RECIEVED
                                                          ...Chuck Kime
                                                          ...Bill Baldwin
                                                          ...Stephanie Martin

                                                          Seychelle - Sports Bottle
                                                          ...APPLICATIONS RECIEVED
                                                          ...Jodi Cornelius
                                                          ...Bob (Robert) W. Wilborn, D.C.
                                                          ...Chuck Kime
                                                          ...Rick Allnutt III
                                                          ...Joshua Dunning
                                                          ...Karin Claus
                                                        • Andrew Priest
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Oct 26, 2003
                                                            At 10:14 PM 24/10/2003, you wrote:
                                                            >October 24, 2003
                                                            >
                                                            >Just when you thought we were all done.... we really are!
                                                            >This is the final monitor report for the Ruff Wear Quick Draw Leash &
                                                            >Collar test series!

                                                            This is great Dennis. Thanks for hanging in there on this one. Well done
                                                            everyone.