Re: [backpackgeartest] First product to test

  • Jerry Goller Gear Tester
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17, 2000
      I'll be sending notification of new products to test to all four of the lists for the first few products. It is good advertizing for this list and lets everyone know if this is working. After that the new product notification will only go out on the geartest list.
      Jerry

    • S Johnstone
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 17, 2000
        Hey Jerry,
        I would be interested in testing one of those filters. I leave for a month
        on the long trail on 8/25. That would make a good test and I am willing to
        write up any reports necessary.
        Happy hiking
        Sarena "ATwanabe" Johnstone
        110 N. Cherry St.
        Mt. Gilead, Ohio 43338
        419-946-6265
        ----------
        > From: Jerry Goller Gear Tester <geartester@...>
        > To: backpackgeartest@egroups.com; backpackinglight@egroups.com;
        at-l@...; pct-l@...
        > Subject: [backpackgeartest] First product to test
        > Date: Thursday, August 17, 2000 12:48 PM
        >
        > We have our first manufacturer that wants us to test their product. It is
        Seychelle Water Filtration Products. They were the OEM for SWA filters last
        year. They are willing to provide 10 inline filters for testing. Please
        remember this is not a scam. We really have to use and comment on these
        products, good or bad, online or we are just stealing them. Don't for a
        minute think you have to give a good revue. All anyone expects is a fair
        and balanced one. If it sucks, say so. If it is great, say that too. Only
        people from the geartest list can participate so join up if you haven't
        already. Pass the word to your friends on the other lists, too. I just
        can't wait to see how this goes....=o)
        > Jerry

      • Duane McDougall
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 17, 2000
          Geartester, I'm leaving the middle of Sept. for two weeks that will include
          the Porkypine Mountains of Mi as well as a portion of the Superior Hiking
          Trail in Mn. As such I may be a candidate to test a water filter and I'm
          familiar with the gravity feed system. This would be a trip that involves my
          wife and I. After that I'm also planning another week or so of backpacking
          without my wife. (not sure where yet)

          Duane McDougall
          6975 Huntington Dr.
          Oscoda, Mi. 48750