Re: OT Dave T's Doggie

  • dtroeger
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2003
      "dawnhark <dawnhark@...>" <dawnhark@...> wrote:

      <I was wondering how Oreo got her name--who named her? I remember <when my Oreo was a little kitten, and I couldn't think of a name for him.
      <He was black and white.
      <
      <I'm so glad you let Oreo off leash a lot--a dog running free is a
      <beautiful thing. I also believe it is essential to their mental, let
      <alone physical, well-being.

      Hey Dawn,

      Thanks for the note. We adopted Oreo when she was a tiny ball of fur; about the size of an Oreo. She's really beautiful, and her haughty attitude indicates that she knows this well! However, she looks a lot like a wolf and we've had people cross to the other side of the street to avoid passing her.

      She's the first one in the truck before a camping trip....

      DT
    • dawnhark <dawnhark@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2003
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "dtroeger" <dtroeger@m...> wrote:
        However, she looks a lot like a wolf and we've had people cross to the
        other side of the street to avoid passing her.

        That's one reason I like for Jesse to wear things--people seem much
        less alarmed by the approach of a big black hairy canine if he's
        wearing something like a vest or pack. I'm tempted to attach an
        antenna with a little flag that says "Hi, I'm Jesse, I love you!" to
        further disarm folks and assuage their fears. (He loves everyone.)
        Now, if only his words of love sounded a bit less like growls....

        Dawn